Edition User Ripped me off - help please

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Edition User Ripped me off - help please

Post by shantybeater »

Hi guys,

Really appreciate your input on this. Back in Feb I paid for some parts over on edition38. After several months of PM's pinging backwards and forwards with constant excuses no parts had arrived. It took so long I then sold my car and started asking for a refund..which funnily enough got the same respone. Then he disappeared abroad for several months and off edition38, i tried contacting an admin but it never really got followed up (not necessarily their fault - the sale thread had long gone but i do have all his old PM's).

I ended up creating a thread to expose him on ed38 which worked and forced him to start contacting me again but the admins then promptly closed it when he had the cheek to reply saying he'd pay up - which he didnt...I tried creating another one which was soon after deleted by mods on the basis they thought the thread ended up with 'witch hunts'

He stopped coming online again for a few months but i've just checked his account and he's back online again and selling stuff!!!! the cheek of the guy!! I've PM'd the admin and hope he will try and force the money out of the guy or get him banned from the forum. I've also found another reasonably large site VW site which he is a global moderator and a very regular poster,if i got it accross to the members that he ripped me off it would hurt i reckon (3000+poster) problem is I doubt anyone will believe me if i try and expose him on the website, i'll just be some 1hit newbie with big accusations!

Anyone got any ideas what to do next? I've bombarded him with emails/PM's, even got his friend to message him which made him make contact again but it was again just delay and false promises (some months ago again!), I've given him postage address/paypal & scarily even account info to make payment as easy as possible!!! the guy has no excuse!!!

I do have his home address but its absolutely miles away so i'd end up demanding double the money just for petrol costs!

Just thought i'd put it across to the down to earth uk-p and see if anyone can think of a solution
1der
Gold Member

Re: Edition User Ripped me off - help please

Post by 1der »

can you sort it through the trading standards or something?
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

What sort of money did you pay for the parts, & how did you pay? Would of suggested small claims court, or similar to help re-coup your loss.

Have you requested proof of sending from him, & was a signed-for service used?
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

gayboy youve never mentioned this...drop me a txt and fill me in
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Name and shame, at the end of the day he could easily rip off someone else on here.

It's not a Guy called raddotom by any chance is it? I understand this guy has been doing over quite a few people on the VAG Forums.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

That sucks mate, hear of this kind of thing going on all too often.

What's the forums called that he's a regular user on? Maybe someone on here or neighbouring forums are avid users themselves so could put a more reputable word in?

What area does the guy come from?
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

Thanks for the replies people

1der - I'm not sure if it's too late for that since it's been almost a year and the forsale thread has long gone

Torq - same thing for small claims? It was £70 by cheque so I have
his full address, it never got as far as posting, he kept making excuses for not sending the item then disappearing off the map, he doesn't return my pms now

nelson - no it's not that guy, his username is J*BOB**VW (without the stars - not that I care that much but I'd rather he didn't start nosing on me)

tim - it's demonvwforum and his username is the same as above but without 'VW' - I know because I found the same ad on there and PH, I'm tempted to go to a show and track down his car and wait for him on return. He comes from Huddersfield
metz

Post by metz »

he posts on southyorkshiredubs in the for sale section every now and then. huddersfield lad ??
Theres nothing down for this kind of behaviour.
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

Yeah that sounds like him, he has some photography equipment for sale at the mo for £300. Thing is i just can't believe a proper moderator and dubber would do this, It wasn't like I was rude either, waited months on end being polite!!
jcarroll
New

Post by jcarroll »

Stop being soft and go to the police
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

I'd have no problem doing that but chances are they'd laugh in my face considering it was almost a year ago I sent the cheque off?
Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

haha jbob ive heard of him, y mate seanvw bought the mk4 polo he was selling, he comes on here every so often too. he used to own a black rado
pololo
New

Post by pololo »

shantybeater wrote:I'd have no problem doing that but chances are they'd laugh in my face considering it was almost a year ago I sent the cheque off?
Take him to small claims court mate. Don't worry about the fact a year has gone by, you've got 6 years to make a claim for breach of contract (http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/ ... 1-pb3-l1g6). Possibility that you'll have to make an appearance in court, but I wouldn't worry too much about that, small claims court is small fries and chances are he'll ignore the demands and you'll get judgement in default - yay! :)
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

cheers pal i'll be doing that then :)