BRAKE PROBLEM?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
wheelmanwayne
Bronze Member

BRAKE PROBLEM?

Post by wheelmanwayne »

HELP! I have a problem with the brakes on my gti! its very hard to explain !

im running g60 carriers with 280mm disc

under braking pressure sometimes (not happening all the time) the abs will kick in but not really stop the car! it will also make a strange noise as if the wheel was catching the inner arch lining but it dont catch anywhere!
the pads and disc's are near brand new!

I have had the abs light come on and off a few times over the last week but it only stays on for around 5 mins!

any help will be appreciated

thanks peeps :?
tegwin
Gold Member

Re: BRAKE PROBLEM?

Post by tegwin »

When the pads and disks were fitted... is it possible that the wheel sensor or transudcer ring has been damage? Thus giving the ECU some duff signals?
wheelmanwayne
Bronze Member

Post by wheelmanwayne »

i dont know to be honest mate Max off here fitted the disc's and pads last year when he owned the car!
ive only had the problem since ultimate dubs
wheelmanwayne
Bronze Member

Post by wheelmanwayne »

might this be a problem with the abs unit?
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Could possibly be the ABS Unit but I would recommend taking it to a garage and get them to check it on VAG COM.

I had a problem recently in the snow with the ABS and the light had stayed on for a few hours. The garage put it on VAG COM and it threw up loads of ABS errors which were put right and now its fine.

Get it checked out mate
joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

Hopefully it's something simple and easy to fix, but if it is the ABS unit i have one kicking about 8)
turkpolo
Bronze Member

Post by turkpolo »

Ive got the same prob atm my abs light is always on, it just makes a rattling noise and brake pedal vibrates :( had it go on comp: says the abs sensor fualty
wheelmanwayne
Bronze Member

Post by wheelmanwayne »

i have a recon'd unit a friend donated to me which i need to seal ill give that ago!

when the abs light is on it doesnt happen obviously because the abs is cut out once the light is engaged, when the light is off the under braking every now and then the abs will kick in i even had it kick without touching the brake pedal :o
turkpolo
Bronze Member

Post by turkpolo »

Can i have a bit more help on this problem guys?? i have ordered the abs sensor but i just want to ask what if this problem still goes on after the sensor has changed, what could it be? i know its silly to ask before trying the sensor but due to handing over the car to the new owner in couple days i really have to know what else could be cuasing this problem :cry:

many thanks