New Polo 1.2 TSi???

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Alex_White_Gti

New Polo 1.2 TSi???

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

Just ordered one of these in flash red :D

Just wondered if anyone has got one of these.....?

Ive read good reviews but its also good to get reviews from owners to.

Any help muchly appretiated :D
polopolopolo
New

Re: New Polo 1.2 TSi???

Post by polopolopolo »

Picked up a 1.2 TSI SEL 5 door in nimbus grey as the 60 plates entered circulation.

Got a few extras to add to the package. (17" boavistas, tinted glass, climatronic, sensor pack, convenience pack, winter pack, dab)

Overall I think it is a fantastic car and friends of mine have been impressed too.

Pretty much everything is top notch (as per the generally glowing reviews out there) - too many things to list.

The only down sides I have found so far are:

1. The engine is great - nippy when you want it to be and relaxed when cruising - the only downside with a small capacity turbo, it that the turbo only seems to kick in around 1800rpm so if you are cruising in very low revs or go from a standing start, your initial go is a bit limited but once it kicks in, you are away.

2. As with most cars the fuel consumption is a fair bit off the quoted 50+ combined. I know engines can get more efficient after a few thousand miles, but my experience is more like very low 40's in a mix of trip lengths and driving conditions with a relatively light right foot most of the time. Still not bad by historical standards, but was hoping for over 45 in my mind.

Other than this, it is close to perfection in my eyes so don't be too put of by these 2 downsides as there are many, many more upsides to the new Polo.
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

polopolopolo wrote:Picked up a 1.2 TSI SEL 5 door in nimbus grey as the 60 plates entered circulation.

Got a few extras to add to the package. (17" boavistas, tinted glass, climatronic, sensor pack, convenience pack, winter pack, dab)

Overall I think it is a fantastic car and friends of mine have been impressed too.

Pretty much everything is top notch (as per the generally glowing reviews out there) - too many things to list.

The only down sides I have found so far are:

1. The engine is great - nippy when you want it to be and relaxed when cruising - the only downside with a small capacity turbo, it that the turbo only seems to kick in around 1800rpm so if you are cruising in very low revs or go from a standing start, your initial go is a bit limited but once it kicks in, you are away.

2. As with most cars the fuel consumption is a fair bit off the quoted 50+ combined. I know engines can get more efficient after a few thousand miles, but my experience is more like very low 40's in a mix of trip lengths and driving conditions with a relatively light right foot most of the time. Still not bad by historical standards, but was hoping for over 45 in my mind.

Other than this, it is close to perfection in my eyes so don't be too put of by these 2 downsides as there are many, many more upsides to the new Polo.

Now that was a good answer :D Thanks mate.

Ill be getting rid of my 230bhp 9n3 gti which never usually went above 35mpg....im pretty sure i could get 45mpg out of the new one hopefully......i never expected it to be 53 tbh though :roll: shame....

I just wanted something thats going to be a bit better on fuel....which it will be.....and its obviously going to be far cheaper on insurance and tax each year which is good.....thats a saving of nearly £1000 already for me per year :D as ill be covering more miles in the new year so the Gti isnt the best.....ive had it for 3 years and thats what i usually keep cars for anyways.

The turbo "lag" i can imagine but as you say its still a 1.2 so to be expected a little.

i paid £16.750 and got.....

standard 16s (but these are coming of 18" mk4 r32 wheels to go on in gloss black)
Full vw bodykit (sprayed and fitted into price above)
Leather/alcantara interer
upgrade stereo rcd510 6 speakers and 6cd autochanger
Tints
Thicker better mats
multifunction steering wheel
climate control (with the fancy knobs lol)
dab
static cornering lights

Pretty much fully spec'd (minus convinience and winter packs i think) so i thought was a fantastic price.....should be more comfy than the gti aswell lol :D
polopolopolo
New

Post by polopolopolo »

Sounds like a good deal and you will have a great little car.

I seriously considered the body kit but it looks great without so I decided not to bother, but I'm sure yours will look the business.

Should be comfy enough (even on your 18s) and it really is very refined for a small car.

Not sure how these engineers get 105hp down to just 124 carbons, but £90 a year road tax for a nippy car is pretty great, just don't expect it to shift like your golf gti.

By the way, the DAB is a revelation - thought it would be a bit hit and miss, but I get perfect reception just about everywhere - even in multi-storey car parks!
polodriver
Getting There!

Post by polodriver »

We drove the press cars and it's a great package: http://www.issuu.com/polodriver/docs/vo ... ion_drives

Rich
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

polopolopolo wrote:Sounds like a good deal and you will have a great little car.

I seriously considered the body kit but it looks great without so I decided not to bother, but I'm sure yours will look the business.

Should be comfy enough (even on your 18s) and it really is very refined for a small car.

Not sure how these engineers get 105hp down to just 124 carbons, but £90 a year road tax for a nippy car is pretty great, just don't expect it to shift like your golf gti.

By the way, the DAB is a revelation - thought it would be a bit hit and miss, but I get perfect reception just about everywhere - even in multi-storey car parks!

Yeah i have bought my last 4 vws from him hense the discount.
The car looks stunning as standard but i wanted it to look a little deeper (becouse of the 18") :D
I assume it will be a little harder as the garage will be fitting my 18" and putting 30mm springs on to in the price....i dont think it will be as hard as my Polo GTi on coilovers though.?
Its really really light the new polo though so will feel nippy i think....
I was unsure of DAB myself but you have just put my mind at rest :D
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

polodriver wrote:We drove the press cars and it's a great package: http://www.issuu.com/polodriver/docs/vo ... ion_drives

Rich

That was a good read mate thanks for that.....think thats the only review on the car i havent read actually.....i just hope your telling the truth :lol:

Cheers mate :)
polodriver
Getting There!

Post by polodriver »

No probs. I did genuinely like the car and would post a bad review if I thought it wasn't good. Obviously test drive one if you can first, though; it's all subjective!

Rich
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

After driving my Polo for 10 months now I would question whether the RCD 510 radio with 6cd autochanger is worth it:

I also have iPod and USB connection in the glove box (these are not the same cable by the way). I have yet to put more than 3 CDs in the player as all the CDs I have are already on my iPod - in fact some 2000 tunes in all are on my iPod and 30CDs will fit on a 4Gb USB stick. The RCD 510 display shows what playing and artist for the media input, but a measly "CD 2 - Track 3" for the CD player.

DAB radio is also a question:

I live in Switzerland and we are changing to DAB+ (Plus). This offers better quality than DAB and there are more stations on DAB+ than on DAB here. But DAB+ is not available on the RCD range. On a recent trip to the UK I found a wide range of stations on DAB. France, meanwhile has none! Germany has apprently stopped the development of DAB until Europe sorts itself out.

I found DAB in the car to be a problem in tunnels and even under bridges and the RCD will switch to FM if there is an alternative. I would also say that the quality of FM is the same or better than DAB. But DAB in the UK has a number of stations not available on FM...
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

Grey_Polo wrote:After driving my Polo for 10 months now I would question whether the RCD 510 radio with 6cd autochanger is worth it:

I also have iPod and USB connection in the glove box (these are not the same cable by the way). I have yet to put more than 3 CDs in the player as all the CDs I have are already on my iPod - in fact some 2000 tunes in all are on my iPod and 30CDs will fit on a 4Gb USB stick. The RCD 510 display shows what playing and artist for the media input, but a measly "CD 2 - Track 3" for the CD player.

DAB radio is also a question:

I live in Switzerland and we are changing to DAB+ (Plus). This offers better quality than DAB and there are more stations on DAB+ than on DAB here. But DAB+ is not available on the RCD range. On a recent trip to the UK I found a wide range of stations on DAB. France, meanwhile has none! Germany has apprently stopped the development of DAB until Europe sorts itself out.

I found DAB in the car to be a problem in tunnels and even under bridges and the RCD will switch to FM if there is an alternative. I would also say that the quality of FM is the same or better than DAB. But DAB in the UK has a number of stations not available on FM...

Hey there.

I cant yet comment on the D.A.B as i have not recieved my car yet lol :D

but...

i think....that the upgraded (510 RCD) is worth it personally. Ok you have most of your songs on your ipod which you use.....but the RCD510 has a bigger amp inside of it therfor producing a much better sound. I do know this as i have listed to music in the standard radio and the RCD310 and the 510 blows them away for sound quality :D

This is only my opinion though.
ChunSel90
New

Post by ChunSel90 »

Can't wait to see it :D! sounds like awesome plans!

But, you getting the vw kit from the dealer i presume? did you have to order that seperately to the car as its not an option on the website?

Cheers :D
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

ChunSel90 wrote:Can't wait to see it :D! sounds like awesome plans!

But, you getting the vw kit from the dealer i presume? did you have to order that seperately to the car as its not an option on the website?

Cheers :D
Hiya mate. Thanks! :-)

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting it now will be a nice change from my gti lol

Small update though.... Cancelled the vw bodykit for the time being though. Like greypolo says it's looks fine as it is. Also gone for just the 17 inch boavista upgrade instead of putting 18s on. I don't want to ruin thus one lol I want a smoother ride. Might spray them black after I revive it though after a few weeks. I'll be also having a 30 mm spring drop fitted by the garage for when I pick it up. I think it just sits a little high as standard especially at the back :-)