Kits Reflex Silver Polo GTi... *FOUND PICS OF MY OLD POLO*

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
bradley1983
Gold Member

Re: Kits Reflex Silver Polo GTi...

Post by bradley1983 »

KPerryGTi wrote:Cheers :)

Hmm thinking mine is on it's way out, it's getting quite stiff, and makes a crunching noise going into 4th now and again... Does that sound like it's going?
mine went when you hear the pinion bearing making noice when your foot is off the clutch. when you put your foot on the clutch noise goes away.
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

bradley1983 wrote:

Hmm thinking mine is on it's way out, it's getting quite stiff, and makes a crunching noise going into 4th now and again... Does that sound like it's going?
mine went when you hear the pinion bearing making noice when your foot is off the clutch. when you put your foot on the clutch noise goes away.
ohhhh ok haven't got that yet lol so hopefully will be ok for a while :)
bradley1983
Gold Member

Post by bradley1983 »

when you hear that noise, start saving!!!
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Re: Kits Reflex Silver Polo GTi... *GTi has a COLD!*

Post by KPerryGTi »

My GTi has a cold! On way to work today it Kept sneezing and cutting out! It's been doing it for a while and I found out it's the camshaft sensor, need to get to vw to get a new one! Sharpish!
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

Camshaft sensor replaced!! :mrgreen:

Drove to VW today at half 8 and bought a new camshaft sensor! came home and replaced it, now I just hope that it fixes the problem!!! :wink:

Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

Early GTI's came with Air conditioning whereas slightly later mid 2000 onwards GTI's came with Climate control.Same time they changed the silver colour as there are two silvers the GTI came in.

Hope you got your car sorted dude,has the new sensor managed to cure it?.
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

Yeah i only got air con lol

Isn't the other silver diamond silver? think I heard that sumwere...

Yeah all sorted I think :) haven't had any problems yet, I'm at college again tomorrow so will run diagnostics on in to clear the old codes, then drive it about for a bit and make sure the code doesn't come back :)
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

cool! i so didnt know that! :D

I think its Reflex silver (the most common silver i do believe) then the other silver is Satin Silver which i picked up were on the late 2001 polos.
but then again im not sure cose Ive had one polo really late 2001 and the one i have now is early 2001 and they are both reflex silver.
so maybe it was the other way around year wise?
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

The two silvers were Satin Silver which appeared on the earlier models and then Reflex silver which appeared on the later ones :wink:
nigelelliott394
Gold Member

Post by nigelelliott394 »

bradley1983 wrote:

Mine's been making quite a bit of noise lately. It's strange, I've tired recording it but it's not quite loud enough to get the noise on camera. What's the pinion bearing noise sound like Bradley?
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

Hey guys turns out that camshaft sensor didn't fix the problem :evil:

seemed fine for a couple of days but then yesterday it started stuttering again and cut out 3 times in a 1 mile trip... I also have another thread on here about my camshaft sensor, anybody got any ideas what it might be??
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Have you tried cleaning the throttle body mate?
I must admit it does sound more complex than a simple throttle body clean but its certainly worth a try.

Normally when a car is stuttering is due to a fueling/air flow issue
bradley1983
Gold Member

Post by bradley1983 »

My Astra coupe did that and it was a filthy throttle body. I cleaned it and all was well. I hope this works for you.
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Have you tried cleaning the throttle body mate?
I must admit it does sound more complex than a simple throttle body clean but its certainly worth a try.

Normally when a car is stuttering is due to a fueling/air flow issue
yeah that was one of the first things I did, didn't help :cry: gunna have to spend money and take it to a garage I think...
joedee
New

Post by joedee »

i've got a similar problem, every so often the car will judder and reduce power. i've knocked the code off with vagcom a few times but it keeps doing it. i was told it's ether the cam sensor, or the crank shaft sensor. done the cam sensor, still doing it, crank sensor is behind the starter motor (so im told) and needs to be removed to get to the sensor, haven't got around to doing this yet, need to order the sensor from vw as euro carpart don't do it. then hopefully that will cure it.