Kits Reflex Silver Polo GTi... *FOUND PICS OF MY OLD POLO*

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Re: Kits Reflex Silver Polo GTi...

Post by KPerryGTi »

Rite, this is gunna make me sound like a complete dumb-ass now... I replaced the camshaft sensor and everything was dandy for a few days... until it started stuttering and cutting out even worse than before! in a half mile journey it cut out THREE times!! I had my cousin in the car at the time who is a mechanic, and it was only until after we got home that he bought to my attention the fact that I was out of petrol!! and I have never ran it out of petrol before cus I don't like what it does to the engine, so I filled up the tank, and now its all dandy again :D apart from some damn stains on my windows!! but that's another story...

Also...

New induction kit on the way :D It is of CDA design but made by ASH (Auto Silicone Houses) does the same job, just different name and different price, it even looks the same! Photos up when it is fitted...
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Re: Kits Reflex Silver Polo GTi... New induction kit fitted!

Post by KPerryGTi »

New induction kit fitted today! Can already kinda feel the difference and hear it! Lol

Make shift bluepeter style piping to make sure it all works lol!
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: Kits Reflex Silver Polo GTi... New induction kit FITTED!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Looks pretty good to be fair, how much did it cost you?

The 90 elbow is a little untidy and the bracket looks a bit pony but other than that it looks just like a BMC.

Nice Update :)
pocketrocket786
Getting There!

Post by pocketrocket786 »

seen these on ebay - reasonably priced. Whats it sound like-any good? also did your kit come with the 90degree elbow?
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

It cost me £80 and it didnt come with the elbow, it looks a bit crap cus the elbow is made from scraps that I have lying around, all works fine but yeh looks quite untidy lol and yeah also the bracket is a little bit pants planing to make a new one from some bits at work but it holds it for now... :roll:

Sound is good, not as loud as the other one I had on but makes the same noise, which is a very nice noise! :) lol But I can defiantly feel the difference between this one and that other one I had on, it really does free up the revs a lot! So not a bad buy at all - Good Price - Good Look - Good Sound - Good Performance! Well chuffed! :lol:

Just trying to figure out the best place to put the cold air feed... as we all know there isn't a lot of room under theses GTi hoods! lol any suggestions? at the moment i just have it running from where the stock cold air take was...
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

KPerryGTi wrote:It cost me £80 and it didnt come with the elbow, it looks a bit crap cus the elbow is made from scraps that I have lying around, all works fine but yeh looks quite untidy lol and yeah also the bracket is a little bit pants planing to make a new one from some bits at work but it holds it for now... :roll:

Sound is good, not as loud as the other one I had on but makes the same noise, which is a very nice noise! :) lol But I can defiantly feel the difference between this one and that other one I had on, it really does free up the revs a lot! So not a bad buy at all - Good Price - Good Look - Good Sound - Good Performance! Well chuffed! :lol:

Just trying to figure out the best place to put the cold air feed... as we all know there isn't a lot of room under theses GTi hoods! lol any suggestions? at the moment i just have it running from where the stock cold air take was...
The stock air intake is probably the best place visually and it still gives it relatively good air flow.
Some people have there's snaking over the manifold heat shield and position it more towards the left hand side of the grill but it can look a little messy at times. You could always sacrifice a fog light and put it right at the bottom but I love my foggies too much to do that. Your best keeping it where it is really mate
joedee
New

Post by joedee »

this is what i did for my bmc Image
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Thats pretty neat :) looks good
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

joedee wrote:this is what i did for my bmc Image
Yeh thats a well good idea! looks smart and good air flow im guessing! cheers for the post :D
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Apart from the fact the intake will suck in water when its raining, thats not a bad idea.

Its best to keep the airfeed in the original position IMO Its protected, and gets a very good flow of cold air whatever the weather
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

alexperkins wrote:Apart from the fact the intake will suck in water when its raining, thats not a bad idea.

Its best to keep the airfeed in the original position IMO Its protected, and gets a very good flow of cold air whatever the weather
That's a good point, I cant actually seeing it being a problem too much when its raining unless your going through some serious puddles but I imagine washing the car would be a problem. Nice to see somebody doing something different though
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

I used to have mine piped to a fog grille - sucked up enough water to rust the hell out of the pipe!
joedee
New

Post by joedee »

carn't really say ive had much (or any) problem with water or rain going up the induction pipe, probably does, but not all the way though
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

I had a little poke in the engine bay earlier and decided to stay with the stock air intake, works well enough :)

Just need funds now...

Few Ideas...

Coilovers
Headlight Protectors
Mud Flaps
Wind Deflector
Boot Build
Exhaust
De-cat
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Re: Kits Reflex Silver Polo GTi... *FOUND PICS OF MY OLD POL

Post by KPerryGTi »

Wehey!! found some pics of my old polo... good old 98 1.0l!!

Loved this little car so much!! Was my first car...