FAO APR Remapped peoples....

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
insanekiwi
Getting There!

Re: FAO APR Remapped peoples....

Post by insanekiwi »

kc it would be worth while monitoring your boost - as Forge intercoolers have known to cause 'loss in boost' compared to stock intercoolers - producing less power than actual stock form. Although heat soak is largely reduced by Forge (which normally produces excellent products) - there have been reports there 2-4psi have been lost during this process.

This could be why your dyno results may be slightly inferior to Jeffs. (Jeff also uses Forge - but there can be some difference between production to production). Also to check for any leaks. Have you upgraded your DV yet?

It would be interesting to find out those timing / boost numbers. Largely fuel setting is left at 9 - and ECU will adapt.
RoSonic
Bronze Member

Post by RoSonic »

I think he mentioned that he doesnt have FMIC . :wink:
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

i dont have a front mount buddy, only side mount!

yeh uprated to forge 007p, forge tip, open end filter and milltek TB! - hopefully no leaks in boost as it doesnt surge or anything, no strange noises :\

its interesting to see all these results saying that.

as on the day i went down, there was a ibiza cupra down there, same engine etc... but with the standard seat sport front mount on it already, and it recorded higher torque figures than jeffs, but jeff got more bhp!

with my boost;

on the APR map - it peaked at 22psi, stayed at 18psi for longer
on the REVO map - straight to 18psi, no peaks - just stays there - but the torque is so much more than the APR

could do with some figures for a stage 1 apr map, but with the above mods, as the results i have for stage 1 APR is on a standard car with standard airbox and got 190bhp, but 220ft/lb torque