Best place for remap? 1.4 Tdi?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
hartge
Silver Member

Best place for remap? 1.4 Tdi?

Post by hartge »

Hi guys,

want to get the mrs 1.4 tdi remapped, who is the best place to use? Was thinking of Revo anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: Best place for remap? 1.4 Tdi?

Post by david burton »

Everyone will say different things. Any of the main name tuners are fine - Revo, Custom Code, Superchips, etc etc
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

R tech based I liester are best i know been 4 places too
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

If you're just looking at a stage 1 map (and if it's a 1.4 TDI, you will), most of the big names as David mentioned are fine.

Little known fact that most of the VAG TDi stage 1 maps in the UK don't differ amongst the so called "tuners" out there. Ask me how I know.

Whilst I have a Custom Code/JBS map (they had a great deal going at the time) I wouldn't recommend them. Their maps are good (suprise suprise), but after sales service is appaling. I won't be using them again.

Ash :)
hartge
Silver Member

Post by hartge »

Cheers guys
I may go with Revo as they arent too far from me. Do you think I should get the PD160 parts/ filter and decat first off?
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

OEM filter is good for over 200hp, you'll be making half of that. I wouldn't bother changing the filter. PD160 intake may help a tiny bit. And decat will definitely help the turbo spool up a bit quicker.

Ash
hartge
Silver Member

Post by hartge »

Cool, so K&N/Green Panel isnt worth it?

where can I get a decat for the car?
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

I've got a Green Panel filter in mine, but had it fitted at the same time it was remapped, so can't say for sure whether it made a difference. I'll be getting a new OEM filter soon to swap in and will report my findings.

Regarding decat pipes and the like, the thing to know about TDis is that you don't need a fancy exhaust, just something that's not restrictive. Just a straight pipe from the turbo will suffice. Regarding the decat, just find an exhaust place and get them to cut it out and weld some pipe in place of it. Can't imagine it costing too much.

Ash
hartge
Silver Member

Post by hartge »

Thanks for the info Ash.

Its going in the bodyshop first get the Votex on and then will get the engine sorted :)
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

No worries :)

I'm the complete opposite. I've had the Votex kit lying around for over 2 years now but am saving up for a few more trick bits for the engine before I spend more money on the bodywork.

Ash
hartge
Silver Member

Post by hartge »

Lol this is only my gfs, soon to be my daily car and im ending up modding it, so much for keeping it boggo! haha
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

R tech does his own map it not a revo or anything like that. He is very good after care and makes sure your car is healthy for a map. I know Amd don't check this. Don't ask how. But he will check the car and he can come to your house if u want him to.
ameet
New

Post by ameet »

i had my remap done from revo, the cars so much faster now! 108 bhp and its got lots of torque!!
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

R tech maps are around £250 and if u went up ther with a panel filter he may do before and after if you asked. And find a local fabricator for the decat then you can have the pipe whatever size you like