my new polo 1.4 sel dsg

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

my new polo 1.4 sel dsg

Post by jonnymagnum »

only had the car a week and i must say the car is a dream to drive .i would recommend the dsg gear box so smooth,i have had ford fiesta auto before ,but not a patch on this.you cannot feel the gear change,as for quickness very nippy.never had a vw before ,may think again about buying a new one as this has taken 20 weeks to get to me.but the car its self 10/10 Image
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: my new polo 1.4 sel dsg

Post by Edi30 »

JM,

Welcome and the car looks great in white and I see you have opted for a rear spoiler, what other options did you go for? The new Polo is superb I have had my new Polo for 5 weeks now and really enjoying it. DSG is a good choice, I am on my 3rd VW (Golf GTI MKV Edition 30, Golf GTI MKVI and Polo GTI) with DSG and can say it's the future and I would never go back to manual if I had a choice. Also welcome to VW ownership I am on my 7th VW over a 15 year time span and overall I have been very happy with the cars and level of service. Best of luck with the Polo.

Cheers,
Edi30
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Nice spoiler
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

Welcome Dude!

Nice car.....lovin the spoiler!
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymagnum »

thanks for comments,extras fitted are rear roof spoiler,climatronic air-con,convenience pack,multifuction steering wheel,sensor pack,rear tints,garage thrown in service plan and lifeshine kit.not had car out for 3days to icey on roads near me.glad i did"nt pick car up this week,can"t wait to get back in it.
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

Loads extras love it collected mine today wheel spin city lol
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

jonnymagnum wrote:thanks for comments,extras fitted are rear roof spoiler,climatronic air-con,convenience pack,multifuction steering wheel,sensor pack,rear tints,garage thrown in service plan and lifeshine kit.not had car out for 3days to icey on roads near me.glad i did"nt pick car up this week,can"t wait to get back in it.
JM - Great spec, lots of toys :D Do you have any other pics plus interior?

I think you should go out and have fun in the snow. I went out yesterday and the car was really good in the snow plenty of traction (didn't see the traction control light come on many times).

I went for a few options myself; deep black pearl, convenience pack, winter pack (useful at present), MFSW, RCD510 and front spoiler. Funny I wanted to go for the climate but the display (blue) did not match the RCD510 so didnt bother but it looks fine with the std RCD310. The standard air con is keeping the car mist free at present but I guess the summer will require a little more fiddling than climate.

Thought I would post a few pics of my car with front spoiler. I think it would be great if this was standard on GTI's as it just looks right for the car.

jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymagnum »

very nice ,i do like the spoiler myself.you would think it would come standard with skirts + spoilers,especially on gti"s.i may try the snow tomoz we"ll see.
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

I'm glad I don't have it although it is nice but mine will be on coil overs soon so would smash it lol. Bluemotion has best kit as with the 9n3 :mrgreen:
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

JM, thanks. The GTI does have subtle side skirts and a larger rear spoiler, hence why I did not change these but it should have a deeper front apron as standard. Snow is all gone where I live just wet now, so time to go out and check out wet weather handling. :shock:

I looked at the the Blue Motion kit for the 6R but the front spoiler is made from 2 sections with a gap in the middle which I personally think does not look as good as the kit for the 9n3. The Polo has some black trim under the front apron which is lower than the standard front spoiler so I guessed the spoiler would not make much difference to ground clearance so you might want to watch out for this ref coil overs. I do have to be careful with kerbs but I had this problem with my Golf Edition 30 so I am used to it. :o
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymagnum »

thought i"d put some updated pictures of my polo up,some of the upgrades i have done.Image debadged the rear and put on audi a3 exhaust trim.led number plate lightsImage fitted some new pedal covers and footrest.Image upgraded stereo to rns 510.Imagephilips h7 headlight+side light bulbs and lastly vw led driving lights
[imghttp://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r547/jonnymagnum1/P1010102.jpg][/img]
Last edited by jonnymagnum on Sun May 20, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymagnum »

GR33NIE
Bronze Member

Post by GR33NIE »

Nice ride, we have the 1.4 SE DSG and agree with your comments the DSG is just fantastic, come from a Polo GT TDI to this. OK It's certainly not as quick but feels nippy enough for me for now :)
mozzapologti
Getting There!

Post by mozzapologti »

where did you get your foot rest and vw driving leds from m8
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymagnum »

footrest from e-bay.Item number: 290708494572(leds- volkswagen accessory on web site.