Polo gti On Gran Turismo 5

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: Polo gti On Gran Turismo 5

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Stop mentioning GT5 lol I want it so badly now haha

Got my PS3 collected today so I should be on GT5 by Wednesday next week :)
live1
New

Post by live1 »

so i looked in the used car list and a 5 door silver gti was there i bought it immediately .the gt5 specs are wrong it says the bhp is 108 ,not 125bhp.anyway you can mod it or anything or even use the interior view as the car is only a standard car.shame because i wanted to see how close they got the interior model.but in the rims section they has bbs rs and bbs lm .it would have been fun to euro out the gti on the rs ,with coileys.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

live1 wrote:so i looked in the used car list and a 5 door silver gti was there i bought it immediately .the gt5 specs are wrong it says the bhp is 108 ,not 125bhp.anyway you can mod it or anything or even use the interior view as the car is only a standard car.shame because i wanted to see how close they got the interior model.but in the rims section they has bbs rs and bbs lm .it would have been fun to euro out the gti on the rs ,with coileys.
Its because its a second hand car, all second hand cars on GT4 were down on bhp due to their age.
Give it an oil change and it should rise by another 5 or 6 bhp. The figures wont be wrong its just because its an old car.
The same probably applies to the little Lupo GTI's on there.
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by funlovincriminal »

live1 wrote:so i looked in the used car list and a 5 door silver gti was there i bought it immediately .the gt5 specs are wrong it says the bhp is 108 ,not 125bhp.anyway you can mod it or anything or even use the interior view as the car is only a standard car.shame because i wanted to see how close they got the interior model.but in the rims section they has bbs rs and bbs lm .it would have been fun to euro out the gti on the rs ,with coileys.
Gutted, I look at the used section after every race & still no show of the polo gti. Loads of random similar type cars, 206 gti, lupo gti, civic type r, but still no polo. - How about you gift it to me, i'll swap you for a civic :lol: didn't think so! But if another comes up buy it & i'll swap it with ya for something better than a civic.
I did manage to buy a black Lupo gti with 11,00 miles on the clock. It also has 108bhp , BUT if you do an engine rebuild on it (costs 7k) it goes to 120bhp, oil change didn't affect it.

You can buy new suspension to make it low as you like & paint it any colour & you can buy all the tuning parts, air intake, exhaust, engine tuning, ecu....etc. You will be able to get it over 200bhp I rekon. but you can't change wheels on 'a 'standard' car :cry:
My current car is a ferrari 458 italia 711 bhp, the polo is going to seem very slow if I ever get one.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

My PS3 will return tomorrow along with GT5 8) Cant wait!
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Just bought a silver Polo GTi in the used car section. Shame they didn't make it one of the prestige detailed versions. I have sprayed mine red but could not find the exact colour match to flash red and spent about 10,000 credits trying to get as close to it as possible.

Currently in the middle of building a car seat with a wheel, pedals and gear shifter. Although the wheel is not here yet :(

I also see that there is a Lupo cup car championship which should be good but i am not a high enough level yet :(
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

I was racing my Civic Type R against a Black GTI on GT5 yesterday, they look awesome but the attention to detail on the GTI is not brilliant.
Cant wait for one to come for sale in the used car section :)
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by funlovincriminal »

I'm near to completing the game now, just the extreme series left for me to do & still havn't got the gti, I reckon it must have come up for sale & i've missed it, gutted. Someone's gotta buy a gti & gift it me, go on. I've got the right colour black ready & waiting to spray it.

Bugatti Veyron is amazing, it feels like wipeout hd it's so quick. Well impressed with the game overall, apart from my lack of a polo gti
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

I managed to get a Polo GTI on there today :D in reflex silver.
21,000 miles and it cost me £18k lol its an awesome car though and I have ofcourse modified it to ze max!
286bhp and it weighs just over 900K thanks to some weight reduction!
The only thing that lets it down is the gearing on the standard box so I recommend getting the fully customized gearbox to get the most out of the car. Not sure what the BHP was when I bought it but after an 8K engine overhaul it was running 119.
Then I just went all out and bought everything 8)

I resprayed it in metallic blue which looks cool but I dont have the paint available for the black GTI's yet so thats the next thing to achieve on the game. I also when the Lupo GTI cup car but havent even used that yet.
All the GTI's are in 5 door which is a shame and you cant change the original wheels which is another let down but it still looks mint and can be made into a good track car with the right mods.

GT5 is Awesome :wink:
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Just thought i would share my newest toy with you guys. I call it the polo GTi simulator for GT5 :D

As i now have the Recaro bucket seats in the car i was looking for something to do with the originals. So instead of ruining the real car on the horrible salty roads i can tear around in a digital one :D However it is no way as fun as the real one :wink:

And my Polo is now tuned to the max a well ben :D Not sure what gear ratios suit it best yet though. I also need a bit more weight reduction if i am going to keep up with yours :wink:
solidsponge
Bronze Member

Post by solidsponge »

just wondering if you need to replace the gearbox in the game :) :/
joedee
New

Post by joedee »

6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

solidsponge wrote:just wondering if you need to replace the gearbox in the game :) :/
Nope but if you modify it to ze max then its best getting a full custom gearbox on the GTI anyway 8)
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Endi_GTI wrote:Just thought i would share my newest toy with you guys. I call it the polo GTi simulator for GT5 :D

As i now have the Recaro bucket seats in the car i was looking for something to do with the originals. So instead of ruining the real car on the horrible salty roads i can tear around in a digital one :D However it is no way as fun as the real one :wink:

And my Polo is now tuned to the max a well ben :D Not sure what gear ratios suit it best yet though. I also need a bit more weight reduction if i am going to keep up with yours :wink:
What a Truely Awesome Setup!!!! 8) Love it

Go for the full Custom Gearbox mate and fiddle around with the Ratio's :D
It will pull 151mph on the standard gearbox running 286bhp but i'm sure it could get more with a longer ratio on 5th.
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Ha ha thanks Ben, its a lot a fun. Yeah gona do that tomorrow. At the moment iv been driving a fully tuned skyline R34 V-spec II Nur edition. Running about 800 horses 8) The force feed back on the wheel gets a bit lairy some times :wink: Just won the Veyron as well