White GTI (Just arrived at my Local VW)(Now w/ more photos)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Verity
Gold Member

Re: White GTI (Just arrived at my Local VW)(Now w/ more phot

Post by Verity »

Bummer that got me well excited lol
they were told that it was a special order and that their not even getting their show cars until March,
this one cost £22k to.

I really like it. but i think ill wait a few years till the price has dropped ;)
I wish VW put more effort in to....i mean dont get me wrong, great car!
but its the GTI, but it doesnt feel it. like compare a MK5 GTI to another MK5 and theres lots of differences,
whereas theres not as much different, i mean of course u get the red strips on the front, and the red stitching on the steering wheel, different alloys, piano black on bits of the dash, and a few other bits and bobs here and there, but i just want a bit more out of it, for that amount of money. if u get me.
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

Ive just ordered mine like i said in a previos post....but i only paid £17.900

You guys arnt hagling enough then lol :lol:

I sort of agree with you though verity....its a gorgeous car like you say i have driven a dsg and liked it so i dont think the gearbox is the issure here.

It just needs that x factor....maybe on the inside somewhere or.......i dont know, just something.

VW are very conservative though with there cars and i would still choose this over a clio 200 any day of the week as the insides are worlds apart.
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

o hell yeah!!!!!
There are certain Car makes that almost always look plastic (on the outside, like a giant toy rather then a metal car) or have pannels that dont quite match up, and that are held together by heaven-knows-what, cose there arnt any screws there! just a generally bad build job. Shocking almost that they can even consider charging the amounts they do.

thats a fanastic price youve got! *jelous*

if I could afford to get one tomoro i most certainly would, no doubt about it.
Im still in love with my 6n2 GTI at the moment so im happy waiting a good few years until i can afford it :wink:
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

I totally agree with evrything you have just said but I think one of the most appealing aspects of the new gti and the older ones for that matter..... You will hardly ever see another on the road.... (cough cough Renault Clio sport.... Cough focus st, cough)

That reason alone is worth it....individuality :wink:
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Post by BennoGTi »

Alex_White_Gti wrote:I totally agree with evrything you have just said but I think one of the most appealing aspects of the new gti and the older ones for that matter..... You will hardly ever see another on the road.... (cough cough Renault Clio sport.... Cough focus st, cough)

That reason alone is worth it....individuality :wink:
So true, only other Polo GTi I have seen has been @ Santa Pod when I was there for USC 2010

Gotta love being "unique!" :D
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

GTI has already been taken back to VW.
apparently all the lights have gone off. and all the lights like 'engine magagment' have come on. not good.
theyll get it sorted tho :D
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

They are a great looking car in comparison to the new Seat Ibiza Cupra and Fabia vRS.

Going back to the point about the new GTI lacking the "X Factor" thats probably down to the fact that the Golf & Scirroco take centre stage for VW these days.
The Polo GTI in a sense has only been built as VW's version/alternative to the Cupra, vRS and Audi A1 so I can see why they havent put huge amounts of effort into making it even more special. Its like the MK5 Golf GTI and the 9N3 GTI both were great cars, but the "GTI" badge was brought back to the Polo after 6 years because the Lupo was axed and they didnt have anything else to compete with the Ibiza FR & Cupra. Its all about having a range of competitive cars with V.A.G

In comparison to the cheaper Cupra & vRS the Polo stands out as the clear winner in both styling, quality and attention to detail.
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:They are a great looking car in comparison to the new Seat Ibiza Cupra and Fabia vRS.

Going back to the point about the new GTI lacking the "X Factor" thats probably down to the fact that the Golf & Scirroco take centre stage for VW these days.
The Polo GTI in a sense has only been built as VW's version/alternative to the Cupra, vRS and Audi A1 so I can see why they havent put huge amounts of effort into making it even more special. Its like the MK5 Golf GTI and the 9N3 GTI both were great cars, but the "GTI" badge was brought back to the Polo after 6 years because the Lupo was axed and they didnt have anything else to compete with the Ibiza FR & Cupra. Its all about having a range of competitive cars with V.A.G

In comparison to the cheaper Cupra & vRS the Polo stands out as the clear winner in both styling, quality and attention to detail.
Bravo bravo ;-)
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

Post by bennyboy »

this car in my eyes is stunning and its kept me going the last few weeks as im waiting for my candy white 5 door polo gti .
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

bennyboy wrote:this car in my eyes is stunning and its kept me going the last few weeks as im waiting for my candy white 5 door polo gti .
Glad you like it and appriciate the photos :D
I bet you cant wait to get your hands on yours. Im very jelous

I saw ithis one on my way to work the other day, it looks even better in person :)
solidsponge
Bronze Member

Post by solidsponge »

Over £20k and still cloth seats that will look like s**t after a year. Sure do rip us off VW, sure peogots are s**t but they have half leather as standard on the GTIs since 2000.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

solidsponge wrote:Over £20k and still cloth seats that will look like **** after a year. Sure do rip us off VW, sure peogots are **** but they have half leather as standard on the GTIs since 2000.
I take your point about VW being expensive but they hold their value but what is wrong with cloth seats thats what GTI's have and why would they look less than perfect after a year?
Alex_White_Gti

Post by Alex_White_Gti »

[quote="solidsponge"]Over £20k and still cloth seats that will look like **** after a year.

Always stop for toilet breaks on long journeys.......problem solved :D
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Alex_White_Gti wrote:
solidsponge wrote:Over £20k and still cloth seats that will look like **** after a year.

Always stop for toilet breaks on long journeys.......problem solved :D

I really did LoL!
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Edi30 wrote: I take your point about VW being expensive but they hold their value but what is wrong with cloth seats thats what GTI's have and why would they look less than perfect after a year?

Well put! :)

My GTI is 10 years old and the seats are still mint! Even the G40 which is 18 Still has stunning seats. Only thing is the bolster on the drivers outer side seat, is warn but the fabric is still good!

I prefer fabric over leather some times