Polo 6n - JDM Whore.. Takata & Bride!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Re: My Polo - The Project so far..

Post by Tech-Ho »

Think its about time i updated the thread again as i have new pretties for the car!

She's been wrapped up under cover since returning from spray, having a breather now..

Bought a second dashboard for the car on friday, drove all the way to Shropshire to pick it up. Driving from Shropshire to Cardiff with a complete dashboard rammed in the back of a Toyota Starlet with fixed back racing seats and a full boot audio install was fun!!
Shall be sending the second dashboard of to be Flocked soon, will be the first piece that will be for the inside of the project!

Then yesterday, bought some pretty pretties for it!

Rota Track R's - Bronze with a polished Lip

The wheels will be refurbed and colour changed. Will be a solid red on the centre section, with the polished lip still remaining.

Next thing to do is to get the wheels sorted, fitted and then drop the car on coilovers!

To be continued..
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: My Polo - The Project..

Post by alexperkins »

red wheels on a blue car. interesting choice. id possibly have gone for white or a gunmetal colour personally
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

Yeah red and blue don't really go, maybe a gunmetal or gold would work, or jsut leave the bronze, it's different ;)
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Nah iwas gunna have black wheels. But iv decided on red, Red and Blue works..

It will be Blue on Red (with polished lip), Dropped , Red Buckets, Red Show cage and other red accesories (car tool bag, autoglym bag etc).. it will deffo be a love or hate thing but thats why im doing it.. its stunning when done properly.
SWDUBBER
Bronze Member

Post by SWDUBBER »

I think that colour blue and red won't go. But until its done you wont know, as long as you like it ans the rest of the cars amazing keep it up mate. Gerald
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

SWDUBBER wrote:I think that colour blue and red won't go. But until its done you wont know, as long as you like it ans the rest of the cars amazing keep it up mate. Gerald
Yea fella.. A few months ago i wasnt fussed on it, but its grown on me and i love the look of it now.

The whole point of modifying a car to to build a car for YOU, not anyone else.. if people dont like it, just be glad you dont own it! hahah
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

Awesome colour, just needs a good slamming and a bit of width on them rims :lol:

Colour really works, reminds me of that "Lazer" blue colour you can get on the 6n2's.
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

i think because that is what colour it is :P

im sure he got a smoothed boot in the same colour... and now the whole cars the same colour ;)
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Polo96CL wrote:Awesome colour, just needs a good slamming and a bit of width on them rims :lol:

Colour really works, reminds me of that "Lazer" blue colour you can get on the 6n2's.
Yea im refurbing and respraying the wheels before i drop it.. do it all in stages rather than get tangled up in allot of un-finished bits and pieces.
And the colour is similar to the VW colour, but.. its actually not ;)
racerjonzo wrote:i think because that is what colour it is :P

im sure he got a smoothed boot in the same colour... and now the whole cars the same colour ;)
The boot may have been "Lazer Blue" when purchased, but the whole car has had a complete colour change :) Its Similar to "Laser Blue".. but this blue is FAR nicer ;) keep guessing both!! ;)
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

NEw update,, Some MORE pressies for the Polo Project..

Pair of Cobra Bucket Seats with Polo subframes - £80 - BARGAIN.
They are being re-trimmed anyway so the cover condition wasnt bothering me before purchase.. the padding is perfect and almost new :D

More updates coming sooon :D
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

what happened to getting vxr seats for it?

wouldve been nice to see them in a polo :P

keep up the good work bud
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Gergeous colour! Really really good looking motor!
I can't get over that colour!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

racerjonzo wrote:what happened to getting vxr seats for it?

wouldve been nice to see them in a polo :P

keep up the good work bud
Yea init.. although money is a bit tight t the moment, so im doing it as a budged showcar this year. .then when i get a better income ill think about getting some more expensive mods :) The VXR seats alone from an astra are the same value as the car itself, and I dont have that sort of money to spend on a pair of seats.. unfortunutally..
J.J.OLSEN
New

Post by J.J.OLSEN »

how much you pay for the respray?? nice colour ftw
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

J.J.OLSEN wrote:how much you pay for the respray?? nice colour ftw
Well it wasnt JUST a respray i had done, and bare in mind i had done pretty much all the prep myself...

Jobs done at workshop:
Rear arches rolled
Front & Rear bumper smoothed
Aerial removed & Smoothed
6n2 bootlid alighned to 6n body & 6n2 rear lights (body built out flush)
and full blue respray

£700 :) and obv its not a perfect job, but for £700, there is nothing that anyone other than MYSELF will notice (because i know the are there)..