*My 9n Progress Thread* NEW LIGHTS - PAGE 4

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Re: *My 9n Progress Thread*

Post by JamieG172 »

Appreciate all comments good or bad, I guess thats half the point in the thread, but no need to be offensive. But I guess it is *your opinion* mate..... :?

Blazeguarder, I didn't put chrome handle on boot it looks stupid and bulky and messes up the visual appearance of the rear end.....I've been thinking about de-locking the boot actually but as the car doesn't have central locking its my only way of securing the boot at the moment.... I'm looking into getting a central locking system anyway, but even the rclick systems are a bit vague about whether I could attach it to the boot as well as its a different locking mechanism it is only for the doors I think.... any advice on where I can get a retrofit Central Locking system for the two doors AND the boot, I'm all ears :D

Colour coding won't happen until I have the money AND I've bought a Votex roof spoiler..... then I'll get the black strips done, handles back to black then blue, and the front valence below the foglight grills.... then maybe get some foglights ;)
Last edited by JamieG172 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Re: *My 9n Progress Thread* NEW PICS: Wheels Lights + Handle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Regarding the central locking, doesn't the boot lock when you use the switch on the drivers door? If so (well, it does on mine), you can program the anti hijack feature using vag-com so it automatically locks when you set off.

And re: the chrome, I wasn't having a dig at you. Hence why I said each to their own and used smileys. Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to! :oops:

Was it the spoiler on eBay? i was watching that...wasn't really interested in it but was going to snap it up if no one else was interested. How much did it go for in the end?

And re: foglights, let me know if you're ever down my way and we can sort the wiring out ;)

Ash :)
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Post by JamieG172 »

Yeah Chewy put me onto it (thanks pal!!), it was the one on eBay. Took it for £100.50 + £10 delivery, pretty chuffed tbh given the fact I was considering paying the dealers full whack at £163.50 + VAT (which is huge) I got a bargain I feel....brand new, boxed, primered and fitting kit inc.

And Ash mate I didn't mean *YOUR* comment was offensive.....! :D

Re: the boot Ash, it's not got any central locking at all on my car, so its key in lock both sides, and boot. I think only the cars (like the Sport like yours) that have key-in-door central locking will have the "door lock (inc boot) button", I know the 9n3 I used to drive had this setup with the button on the driver door.

If I can get central locking installed, I'll definitely be up for programming the door lock after 10mph feature, I love it and have seen its benefits first hand in a friends car when he was the victim of roadrage and stopped at traffic lights....essential I feel. :roll:

And yeah mate shall I buy the lights and then sort wiring with you or should I buy loom as well and we wire it, or do you want to supply the whole kit? I don't mind either way to behonest mate, you're a good help on here with my Dub :mrgreen:
Last edited by JamieG172 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Re: *My 9n Progress Thread* NEW PICS: Wheels Lights + Handle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Either way. I still need a "trial car" to develop the kit as I'm not sure how long the wiring needs to be and CBA to mess about with the stock system on my car. I may try and visit Geordieland later this year as I want to visit some friends from Durham, so we may have a chance to get some stuff done.

JamieG172
Bronze Member

*My 9n Progress Thread*

Post by JamieG172 »

Not a lot going on at the moment as I'm at Uni, but the Votex rear roof spoiler is in the post as we speak being delivered to home to be sprayed up ready to be fitted!
Considering getting a spare front + rear lower valence and have them colour-coded too so when I have the Votex Spoiler fitted I'll just swap over onto the newly-painted lower valences as well as I think it would look good without buying the rest of the Votex package. Thoughts? I would then sell on the original valences to recoup some money, just means if I buy the spares they can be sprayed whilst I'm at Uni then have them fitted as soon as I'm home, rather than wait for them to be sprayed and not use the car for a week when i get home.

Also, as mentioned earlier up the thread, I've bought some mudflaps for the car but can't fit them myself as nowhere to jack up the car up here (as apparently you have to remove each wheel to fit them). I rang VW and they wanted £95 to fit all 4 flaps :shock: :evil:, just wondering what you guys reckon I should be paying to have them fitted :?:

Cheers :)
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

Definatly dont pay!

You need a torx bit to fit them, I removed my front ones by just turning the wheels on full lock for each side. If you had a torx bit on the end of a ratchet you could do it easily (:
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

What do you mean you have nowhere to jack your car up? Just do it on the side of the road / on your drive. How the hell did you fit your wheels? :lol:

CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

Work car park ;)
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Post by JamieG172 »

Ash, I was at home when I fitted my wheels where I fitted them on my solid driveway. Only have on-road parking here at Uni so not as ideal.

And CharlesK, yeah, was thinking I might be able to do the fronts with the wheels on full lock but apparently its two scews which have pre-drilled hols and also a further screw that a hole has to be drilled for (hence the question about fitting). They're the flaps from VAGLiNK.

Cheers :mrgreen:
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Well, in that case I'd just wait till your next at home rather than paying someone to fit them. Good things come to those who wait (or can't be arsed in my case).

88rsr
Silver Member

Post by 88rsr »

i fitted mudflaps to our lasses without jacking the car up, you might need a couple of extra screws, i bought the mudflaps from a scrappy and he gave me all the screws he took off so i had too many
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Post by JamieG172 »

Couple of pics taking advantage of a wax + wash and a good day at the coast! Enjoy :mrgreen:

Last edited by JamieG172 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

Looking good man, chrome door handles look pretty tidy!
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Re: *My 9n Progress Thread* NEW PICS Pg 3

Post by JamieG172 »

Update: I finally got round to fitting the mudflaps today as have decided not to go for the Votex bodykit. However, I also purchased a roof spoiler a while back (Sold as Votex but looks more like a PGTI spoiler, I'm not sure).

Few pics of the new flaps in place to give it a slightly better stance seeing as I'm not lowering it or anything. Just fancied something different to the standard blank flaps from factory, makes the car more unique I hope! Also with the now painted spoiler in place (not attached, just resting over the old bootlid, yet to be attached and have brakelight inserted....)

Let me know whatcha think :)

front:

back:

Spoiler & Flaps:

Cheeky pic next to our the 9n3 but with the spoiler off again!:
Last edited by JamieG172 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Re: *My 9n Progress Thread* NEW PICS Pg 3

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Needs the rub strips colour coded! Then again, so does mine, so......