leaky problem on my new polo

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

leaky problem on my new polo

Post by jonnymagnum »

hi,all,just wondering any body has heard of or no someone with this problem on my 60 plate polo,being a bit miffed is putting it mildly,sunday night my partner took our polo ( polo 1.4 sel dsg box, 5 door, candy white) up to her mum+dads visiting,picking me up on her way home from my mums,when i got in car my partner said she notice water drops on passenger carpet,any way waited till we got home,i decided to have a look on front passenger carpet,it was wet,then i noticed the plastic moulding on the left looked wet IT WAS,there is also a little cupboard in our sel don"t no if it is through the polo range,i beleive it is were you can put a florescent jacket,anyway pulled that off and got a cup full of water in there.having got my torch i looked inside the jacket holder upside down sprawled across passenger seat and my legs in positions i did"nt no i could.any way it was wet up there as well,now i was getting pissed off now.my first ever brand new car never had a vw before and £17000 at that.anyway went down vw yesterday they can"t be sorry enough,it is booked in for wednesday morning.did tell them the same that i was not impressed with purchasing a new car and it leaking water in ,would"nt mine but there is a bunch of wire going down that side ,i was more concerned about catching fire,but they said it would"nt. i will let you no outcome.

if you have the jacket holder just check ????
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: leaky problem on my new polo

Post by Edi30 »

Oh dear I am very sorry to hear that and this is not the norm. I remember when I had a Passat about 7 years ago it had a water leak in the passenger footwell wet carpets etc only happened when going through deep puddles. Never found the leak but stayed out of puddles and no more wet carpets.

Thanks for the warning and will check mine but as it hasn't rained for a while. Hope your dealer gets it sorted?
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Just checked and yes have pull out panel and it is dry as a bone behind. Good luck
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

I have wondered this on mine as it streams up inside easily? Ill have a look
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

whitegtipolo wrote:I have wondered this on mine as it streams up inside easily? Ill have a look
Yeah the front screen on mine streams up as soon as I start the car but then goes away just as quickly once the air con has got to work. In fact I leave the air con on all the time.
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymagnum »

vw rung me up this morning said i can pick car up after 1pm,it was repaired.
when i picked it up i asked what had caused leak,they told me they had to take windscreen out ,and found some of the silicone beading had"nt connected about 1 cm,that was were leak was entering,anyway they resealed windscreen,updated the ecu.valeted car inside and out,think this might of been a sweetener.and now as good as new,i did state i was not happy and thought quality checks had to be ad-heard to.to no prevail . see how long it lasts now.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

jonnymagnum wrote:vw rung me up this morning said i can pick car up after 1pm,it was repaired.
when i picked it up i asked what had caused leak,they told me they had to take windscreen out ,and found some of the silicone beading had"nt connected about 1 cm,that was were leak was entering,anyway they resealed windscreen,updated the ecu.valeted car inside and out,think this might of been a sweetener.and now as good as new,i did state i was not happy and thought quality checks had to be ad-heard to.to no prevail . see how long it lasts now.
Glad this has been identified and sorted. Hmmm, quality checks need to be looked into then VW? Suggest you give your windscreen a blast with a garden hose to check the seal?
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

hope it's ok now mate