RCD 310 with 6 speakers

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

RCD 310 with 6 speakers

Post by BonsaiTiger »

WOW. I've been driving my GTI for a week now and only yesterday did I get a chance to mess with my settings on the stereo (picked up saturday, drove around southport for two days, then london with work and then birmingham with work),

ANYWAY, I tried turning it up a bit earlier in the week and it sounded crap, especially because my last two cars have had full aftermarket JBL powered systems, however, I took the mrs to the cinema last night and while I was waiting outside tesco (chocolate pit-stop) I messed about with the Aux settings and turned it up a bit and then messed with the settings and holy ****! It's bloody awesome?! really crisp and clean all the way up the volume and with loads of different genres of music.

The only thing missing is a low bass note, like if you whack any dubstep on or even deadmau5, theres a whole element of the music missing from the bottom end.

On that note, I'm considering fitting an aftermarket under seat sub, about 8" I reckon? I've a mate who's done this in his 1 series under both seats and his system sounds sick, no loss of boot space (not to mention how s**t it would sound if he had the sub in the boot on a coupe).

Does anyone know of any companies that will do aftermarket ICE for VW's in the North West, might get them to do it and save myself the torture.
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: RCD 310 with 6 speakers

Post by Edi30 »

I think the STD set up work really well. I have the RCD510 which is fantastic especially for controlling iPod/iPhone dont know if this sounds any different to RCD310, I am guessing it wont as it uses the same speakers. Sorry cant help with subs etc but as subs are low frequency it does not matter where they are mounted (under seats or in the boot) as there is no directional sound content. Thinking about it there is space under the boot floor and then you can get a direct meaty power feed from the battery to drive the sub. However I would leave the Boom Boom to the Corsa boys plus you wont be able to hear the nice engine note :D
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Yeah I see what you mean like, the sub can be anywhere. I'll have a look how much space there is to work with under the boots carpety flap thing, thats where I hid the sub and amp in my E46 touring last year during a custom build, sounded great AND didnt compromise on boot space.

I also understand what you mean about the engine note, its bloody beautiful! I drove through a tunnel for the first time today and that bloody engine is like a symphony with the growl and the roar coupled with a beasty sounding whistle. LOVE IT!!!

Is the only difference between our stereos the CD multichanger, or do you have a big sexy screen in your center console aswell? I'd imagine the 6 speaker set-up would be similar if not the same yeah..
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

BonsaiTiger wrote:Yeah I see what you mean like, the sub can be anywhere. I'll have a look how much space there is to work with under the boots carpety flap thing, thats where I hid the sub and amp in my E46 touring last year during a custom build, sounded great AND didnt compromise on boot space.

I also understand what you mean about the engine note, its bloody beautiful! I drove through a tunnel for the first time today and that bloody engine is like a symphony with the growl and the roar coupled with a beasty sounding whistle. LOVE IT!!!

Is the only difference between our stereos the CD multichanger, or do you have a big sexy screen in your center console aswell? I'd imagine the 6 speaker set-up would be similar if not the same yeah..
Yes RCD510 has a large Colour Touch-screen which allows you to navigate and scroll through menus and playlists really easily, it really is great and well worth an upgrade.

I have the RNS510 in my Golf which is even better as it has a great navigation system and you can play DVD's. I would probably go for that if I was considering an upgrade.
smn88888
Getting There!

Post by smn88888 »

How about one of these in the boot under the floor bit? I think they have two woofers in them with an amp. I haven't heard it yet but i have read some decent reviews.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/13 ... index.html
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

smn88888 wrote:How about one of these in the boot under the floor bit? I think they have two woofers in them with an amp. I haven't heard it yet but i have read some decent reviews.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/13 ... index.html
Love it
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Very neat solution
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

thats brilliant! Need to hear it though it just doesnt look like it has enough room to breathe?
smn88888
Getting There!

Post by smn88888 »

thats what i thought too. only places i can find that sell it are online and i doubt a car audio shop would install one just for a quick demo lol
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

smn88888 wrote:thats what i thought too. only places i can find that sell it are online and i doubt a car audio shop would install one just for a quick demo lol

Haha I know yeah fat chance.
smn88888
Getting There!

Post by smn88888 »

Edi30 wrote:
BonsaiTiger wrote:Yeah I see what you mean like, the sub can be anywhere. I'll have a look how much space there is to work with under the boots carpety flap thing, thats where I hid the sub and amp in my E46 touring last year during a custom build, sounded great AND didnt compromise on boot space.

Yes RCD510 has a large Colour Touch-screen which allows you to navigate and scroll through menus and playlists really easily, it really is great and well worth an upgrade.

I have the RNS510 in my Golf which is even better as it has a great navigation system and you can play DVD's. I would probably go for that if I was considering an upgrade.
Makes me want to get a RNS 510 lol! I heard its possible to install tv tuners on it?