2010 Polo S Rear Speakers

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
jlwood92
New

2010 Polo S Rear Speakers

Post by jlwood92 »

As some of you may know, i recently got myself the new shape polo, just the basic S trim. shockingly the car has no rear speakers, i want to know how i would go about installing speakers to the car, eg. are the wires already there or do i need to wire it up and also what size speakers i need.

Help really appreciated.

Thank you
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Re: 2010 Polo S Rear Speakers

Post by BonsaiTiger »

That is a massive rip-off from VW man. I'm sorry I have no info on the standard wiring but maybe you could use this opportunity to stick an aftermarket system in with some powered speakers?

The wiring for this would be really easy and the sound quality would be miles better than anything wired just through the stock headunit, as you probably know!

Good luck buddy!
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Hmmm, VW seem to be reducing their build costs as I had 10 speakers in my ED30 and only have 8 in my MK6 GTI and it doesn't sound as good as a result. However saying that the 6 speaker set up in the Polo I think sounds slightly better than the MK6 GTI. :?
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

Most of the lower level 9n3's didn't have rear speakers either. The wiring isn't present in those cars, so I'd work on the assumption that you'll need to run the wires yourself mate.
jlwood92
New

Post by jlwood92 »

BonsaiTiger wrote:That is a massive rip-off from VW man. I'm sorry I have no info on the standard wiring but maybe you could use this opportunity to stick an aftermarket system in with some powered speakers?

The wiring for this would be really easy and the sound quality would be miles better than anything wired just through the stock headunit, as you probably know!

Good luck buddy!
Hey guys, thanks for all the responses, Yeah i had the very basic polo as its all i could afford and i did not buy it brand new so couldn't add any options or I would of added the RC310 with 6 speakers. My car doesen't even have remote central locking either, which is shocking. but i love it.... there is some pics on my other post if you want to take a look. Would anyone know how i would go about fitting a receiver for remote central locking as i have remote key fobs that could be programmed in. Is it just a matter of installing a receiver into the car and taking the transponder out of my current key and putting it in the remote fobs i have.

Thanks again guys