Seat Belt Alarm

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

Seat Belt Alarm

Post by bennyboy »

Any one know how to turn off the dam seat belt alram , in my mk5 golf all i had to do was move the drivers seat right back and un click 1 small wire but in the polo im unable to even see where the wire go's . any help or even pics on step by step would be great :wink:
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Seat Belt Alarm

Post by alexperkins »

VCDS is the easiest way
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

bennyboy wrote:Any one know how to turn off the dam seat belt alram , in my mk5 golf all i had to do was move the drivers seat right back and un click 1 small wire but in the polo im unable to even see where the wire go's . any help or even pics on step by step would be great :wink:
Why would you want to turn this off, do you put lots of stuff on the passenger seat?
MADAZ GTI
Bronze Member

Post by MADAZ GTI »

bennyboy wrote:Any one know how to turn off the dam seat belt alram , in my mk5 golf all i had to do was move the drivers seat right back and un click 1 small wire but in the polo im unable to even see where the wire go's . any help or even pics on step by step would be great :wink:
go to a scrap yard and pick up a seat belt end and just plug it in saves you cutting any wires and will stop the alarm
hope this helps
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Blantently facisious comment here ;) , but maybe if you are driving the car, you might want to put your seatbelt on anyway? :)
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Sometimes you might wanna chill stationary but its a gay beep annoying you i did open up the buckle on my old car and depress the switch
jaykay07
New

Post by jaykay07 »

If possible, I would like to disconnect this alarm on my passenger seat. I carry lots of books to and from work and put them on the seat which makes the alarm chime all the time.
I can see three connections underneath, (Yellow / Blue and Green) and I can see that the green one goes to the seat belt, but not sure how to disable it. I don't really want to just çut'throught the wire.
Any help appreciated.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

As someone has said, just get a seatbelt buckle and plug it in to the seat belt socket!
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Or just plug the passenger seat belt in! :wink: