GTI Bumper grille

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
B1N9S
Bronze Member

GTI Bumper grille

Post by B1N9S »

Can anyone tell me if the lower grille insert from the GTI will fit into the standard cars bumper ??
daydotz
Silver Member

Re: GTI Bumper grille

Post by daydotz »

I know the grill with the vw badge on does
B1N9S
Bronze Member

Post by B1N9S »

Yeh, I got one of those and took off the GTI badge. But the mesh is slightly different to the standard lower grille, so it looks odd !!! They don't match.

So the only way round it, is to fit the lower section.
btcc
New

Post by btcc »

Sorry I can't help with whether the lower grill will fit but I was wondering if you could tell me where you sourced your GTI grill from and do you happen to know the part number for it. Thanks
B1N9S
Bronze Member

Post by B1N9S »

No problem, I got it from Germany. 2 Days delivery which is not bad !!!! Came in a MASSIVE box though !! LOL.

If you hold out. I am not entirely convinced I will fit this one yet. Might look a little pretentious, gonna see how it looks once I have it lowered and obviously a remap will help with a few extra gee gee's !!!!!

The one snag is where you remove the GTI badge, there is a dedicated plastic mould for it, which will need to be cut out, to form the holes, but shouldn't be too difficult to do. I am also toying with the idea of removing the red pinstripe (which can be done) and spraying a different colour, just so it doesn't look like a 'pretend' GTI !!! I was thinking maybe a blue colour.

Christ, I swore to the missis, I wasn't gonna mess with this car. I just can't help myself !!! But it does need to be lower, even she agrees with me on that one !!

Anyway, I got it from here:

http://www.ichwillautoteile.de/shop/VW- ... --847.html
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Have had a look in the manulas, it looks similar but the standard polos have a trim piece that covers the joins of the intake parts, the GTI doesn't have this piece so you might find the end profiles don't quite match....
btcc
New

Post by btcc »

Cheers for the link. I know what you mean about not wanting to look like a fraud. I'm not sure I'll get one to be honest but just wanted to get an idea of price really. Post a few pictures if you do fit it, be interesting to see how it turns out.