Panoramic sunroof option

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Stevew82
New

Panoramic sunroof option

Post by Stevew82 »

Hi guys

I'm a new member from South Africa - I'm looking at buying a new Polo 1.4 Comfortline (Basically SEL spec with 1.4 petrol engine).

One of the options on all models (excluding 1.2 Bluemotion Diesel) is the panoramic sunroof.

I'm looking to find out what everyone's thoughts are on these sunroofs. Are they reliable? Or is it a bad idea? Also, what kind if weight will it add to the car? (being a 63kw 1.4).

On another note - It's interesting that there is no option for Climatronic or sensor pack on any models in SA!

Thanks in advance! :)

Steve
Edi30
Gold Member

Re: Panoramic sunroof option

Post by Edi30 »

Welcome to the forum. Pana sunroof is a really nice option. Not sure on extra weight but it is not worth worrying about. Had a pana sunroof on an EOS a while back plus got a sunroof on my Golf MK6 GTI, no problems with reliability :D
Stevew82
New

Post by Stevew82 »

Thanks you for the welcome! :)

Any truth in the argument that cabin noise increases significantly with panoramic sunroof?? I'm so worried that I'm going to endnup with a squeaky, leaky, noisy new car!!!! :)
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

Stevew82 wrote:Thanks you for the welcome! :)

Any truth in the argument that cabin noise increases significantly with panoramic sunroof?? I'm so worried that I'm going to endnup with a squeaky, leaky, noisy new car!!!! :)
it mate i have the panoramic sunroof in mine and it,s fine
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Stevew82 wrote:Thanks you for the welcome! :)

It will only be leaky and noisy when it's open :lol: have a bit more faith it's a VW.