Launch Control ?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

Launch Control ?

Post by bennyboy »

in the new polo gti 6r do we have the option for launch control ?
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: Launch Control ?

Post by whitegtipolo »

No we dont have wet clutch read this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-Shift_Gearbox
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

bennyboy wrote:in the new polo gti 6r do we have the option for launch control ?
No it hasn't and to be honest it is a feature which I dont miss, plus I dont think the Polo GTI suffers for not having it. I had it on my Edition 30 and used it a handfull of times in the 3 years I had the car (just to convince myself it had the feature and brag about how quick it was to 0-60 down the pub) and I have used it once on my MK6 GTI. I guess if you are into quarter miles on a regular basis then its useful other than that it has novelty value and thats it. I have a certain amount of mechanical simpathy for the cars I use regularly and can't afford to break them as its too much hassle to get them fixed. If its a second car then what the hell :twisted:
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Man I just read almost that entire wikipedia link. That gearbox is a work of art. It's just unreal how excellent it actually is. Combined with a powerful engine, it's near perfect.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Yes agree, as I have said many times I would not choose a manual over DSG ever again if given the choice, it is the best of both a manual and an auto. I think VW have got this right by not offering a manual in the Polo GTI IMO as it is the future. Last time I used a manual I did enjoy it but it just felt slow and agricultural in comparison.
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Edi30 wrote:Yes agree, as I have said many times I would not choose a manual over DSG ever again if given the choice, it is the best of both a manual and an auto. I think VW have got this right by not offering a manual in the Polo GTI IMO as it is the future. Last time I used a manual I did enjoy it but it just felt slow and agricultural in comparison.
Agreed
Ad Lav
New

Post by Ad Lav »

Interesting read that wiki bit on DSG.

Just ordered a Fabia vRS Estate.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Ad Lav wrote:Interesting read that wiki bit on DSG.

Just ordered a Fabia vRS Estate.
DSG = 8) :D :twisted: :lol: