Re: Jack's Blue 6n2: Lamin-x!

Post by red6n2 »

the vw R logo ?

the car would have to be something special to put that on though
JackClap
Bronze Member

Post by JackClap »

Right, its been a while since an update so i thought i would let you know whats happening :)
There havent been many additions to the car and i had to do things like tracking and tax this month, so all my money went on that :evil:
But in the next week or so im either looking at new headlights or a new complete soundsystem. ill let you know as things happen :)
:)
SlyWind
New

Re: Jack's Blue 6n2: Small update.

Post by SlyWind »

Hey just been looking at your thread, i too own a Polo 1 litre E Y reg, im 17 and looking to get it insured but the insurance companys are killing me!, they are wanting £4700 for 10months!, even with my dad as a named driver!, its stupid have you got insured and how much and where did you get insured at?, if i cant get insured for anything under £2000 i might have to sell the polo :((
JackClap
Bronze Member

Post by JackClap »

SlyWind wrote:Hey just been looking at your thread, i too own a Polo 1 litre E Y reg, im 17 and looking to get it insured but the insurance companys are killing me!, they are wanting £4700 for 10months!, even with my dad as a named driver!, its stupid have you got insured and how much and where did you get insured at?, if i cant get insured for anything under £2000 i might have to sell the polo :((
I havent get got it insured but i got some quotes for it for when i do, i think i got it down to about £2500 a year. When i first started looking on the internet i was getting quoted about £4300. so i gave a few insurance companys a call, and they were wanting about £3200. which i still thought was a bit much. So i got my dad to give them Admiral a call. which is who uses to insure 6 of his cars. and they said they would insure me for £2500 as my dad already uses them. Other then that if your trying to get your insurance lower, you can get devices fitted to car your car which monitors acceleration and braking. which insurance companys then monitor. so the safer you drive the lower your insurance, also if you speak them about the times you drive, you can set up somthing where your only aloud to drive until certian times. so like your not aloud to drive around past 11pm etc. Hope this can be of some help :)
SlyWind
New

Post by SlyWind »

ah thats the thing i was using admiral, they were wanting £3300 even when we phoned them up, with my dad's name on the quote with his 25+ years no claims;/, its stupid so iv now had to think about selling the polo;/, and yeh i saw that box thing but that wasn't really my cup of tea, cheers for the help anyways;/
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Jack's Blue 6n2: Small update.

Post by red6n2 »

All of a sudden my £50 a month insurance doesn't seem to bad 8)
6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

red6n2 wrote:All of a sudden my £50 a month insurance doesn't seem to bad 8)
Yeah its crazy how expensive insurance is for young lads these days £3000+ for a 1.0 is just insane!

Always good to be a careful driver when you pass your test because No claims bonus saves you a fortune when you get older
SlyWind
New

Post by SlyWind »

yeh it sucks for us:(, but owell been looking around and found out on admiral if i wait till im 18 which is 8 months from now :(, i can get it for just over £1800 a year;D, which is not to bad tbh;D, so think im going to wait till then and just save and do some small modifications to the car, carry on what my brother was doing before he sold it;D
6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Admiral are very good indeed, I took out a Multicar policy with them last month and they saved me £300 per year on my Type R 8) Happy days
JackClap
Bronze Member

Re: Jack's Blue 6n2: FK Angel Eyes?

Post by JackClap »

Been looking at getting some FK angel eyes, but have not really sure what bulbs i need for them, can some enlighten me? :)
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Admiral are very good indeed, I took out a Multicar policy with them last month and they saved me £300 per year on my Type R 8) Happy days
I want to do this but dunno how to go about it, can I start a policy even though I'm still insured with admiral or do I have to wait until my cover has finished????
johndub10
New

Post by johndub10 »

Its looking goood ! Neeed it lowered now :)

Onlything I don't like it how big to trs towstrap is try make it smaller or something otherwise its mint
JackClap
Bronze Member

Post by JackClap »

johndub10 wrote:Its looking goood ! Neeed it lowered now :)

Onlything I don't like it how big to trs towstrap is try make it smaller or something otherwise its mint
Thanks! :) yeah plan on lowering it as soon as i can, but just havent spoke to insurance company yet.

and yeah thats somthing ive been meaning to do with the towstrap just havent got round to it :)
JackClap
Bronze Member

Post by JackClap »

Right i haven't done a update in a while, since i been busy with exams and things.
but now i have so time so back to the car,
Things to do before christmas, hopefully.
-New wheels since i think i made a mistake with the ones i got now.
-Lowered
-Angel eye headlights
-And hopefully new headunit and speakers

And this summer i been involved with a few other vw projects, which ill post some pictures of :D
JackClap
Bronze Member

Post by JackClap »

Uncle's T4 :P

Dad's T5, Lowered on 22's :D