6N2.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
dub_mk4_ed
New

6N2.

Post by dub_mk4_ed »

Here is My Canyon Red 6N2.. I do have plans for it.. but for now it will remain like this!!

Not very exciting as it stands.. but it is a cool colour and in pretty good condition so I thought it was worth sharing...

Ed
Last edited by dub_mk4_ed on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cornishdrummer
Gold Member

Re: 6N2.

Post by cornishdrummer »

Hi & welcome, looks aright, what you got in mind ?
dub_mk4_ed
New

Post by dub_mk4_ed »

Cheers! Its a lot better than my old one (the black SE in the picture)

Well, firstly I would like to find out whats causing my damn ECU to come on and why its costing me quarter of a tank in fuel a day! Elsewhere I want to keep it fairly standard and tidy, so get some 6n2 Alloys, lower it a bit, new headlights, foglights, debadge... Some interior work to tidy it up a bit as well, as its only done 55k I want to keep as much value in it as poss!
cornishdrummer
Gold Member

Post by cornishdrummer »

My ECU light was on last year, but cant remember why it was on, but I know I had to have something done to fix it.

You know of anyone who can do you a diagnostics test ? Someone on here might be able to do it for you if you say whereabouts you are.
dub_mk4_ed
New

Post by dub_mk4_ed »

Well I had it checked, came up as 'system too lean bank 1' Mac Code 0107, it was only a small telemetry viewer so only gave brief results. The fact that its using so much fuel so I'm told could be due to a sensor.. but which one is the problem!! I'm based not too far from Chesterfield...

Cheers
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

firstly you should try changing the temperature senso, this is the green one near the front of the engine, its a cheap fix costing about £25 from the dealer (use genuine vw sensors) this should help you. if the problem persists (as it did for me) i had to replace my lambda sensor. Vagcom informed me my front lambda was faulty. this is situated right at the front on the manifold, there is also another lambda sensor behind the cat
dub_mk4_ed
New

Post by dub_mk4_ed »

Cheers, might just do that! Yesterday I put more fuel in, yet again, and it seems to be back to normal!! Probably getting around 40 mpg again, which is a damn sight better than it was..

I wonder if its down to fuel types, when it was bad I think it was running on Morrisons.. but when the MPG is good again its either Shell or Jet! If this is the case then I am never buying cheap petrol again..
cornishdrummer
Gold Member

Post by cornishdrummer »

Cheap petrol you aint been able to get that for years :lol:
dub_mk4_ed
New

Post by dub_mk4_ed »

Haha, true. they were the days!!