My new polo

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
polo_oli
New

My new polo

Post by polo_oli »

hi this is my polo 9n 1.4 16v.
i work in a salvage yard and she came in a few months ago with 2 smashed windows and the whole of the drivers side kicked in.
ill put some pics up it was pretty standard when i got her apart from the grill came with. ill put pics up of before and after the drivers side when i get it repaired.
so far its had:-
induction kit
HID's 6000k
vw mudflaps
audi a2 alloys
carbon fibred part of the interior
given her a good clean and a polish

next is get the o/s repaired and drop her about 30mm also want the boot smoothed, some bbs alloys, to change the gearknob to a golf one and more
heres some pics opinons welcome.........

and a bit of carbon wrapping.....

opinions welcome :D
Last edited by polo_oli on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Re: My new polo

Post by JonnyBCK »

looks quite nice that mate interesting colour!
how hard is that carbon fibre wrapping thinking of doing a few bits myself!
polo_oli
New

Post by polo_oli »

cheers mate ye its like a graphite grey with a hint of blue ive only ever seen 1 other polo with the same colour.
its not too bad jus gets tricky on the corners. i used my girlfreinds hairdryer to heat the wrap it makes it alot easyer. the hardest bit ive done was the heater control facia nd i just couldnt get it so i took it off yesterday what ya thinkin of wrappin?
markallen
New

Post by markallen »

Ive had the interior carbon effect like that for some time, looks good I think, Ive done the spokes on the steering wheel too, not sure if ive got some pictures up? Ebayed the wrap but it's started 'shrinking' so theres gaps on the wheel spokes, the door handles have stayed ok though? maybe its because of my sweaty hands lol. I tried and failed miserabley to wrap around the dash knobs for blowers, Ive got a white and black theme going so i might strip it all back and paint it?
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

hmm i might give it a go then im thinking of doing the lower skirts, the lower front bumper and lower rear bumper. rather large parts i know but looks better than tacky plastic.
polo_oli
New

Post by polo_oli »

markallen wrote:Ive had the interior carbon effect like that for some time, looks good I think, Ive done the spokes on the steering wheel too, not sure if ive got some pictures up? Ebayed the wrap but it's started 'shrinking' so theres gaps on the wheel spokes, the door handles have stayed ok though? maybe its because of my sweaty hands lol. I tried and failed miserabley to wrap around the dash knobs for blowers, Ive got a white and black theme going so i might strip it all back and paint it?
tell me about it it is well hard. i want to do the steering wheel but ran out of wrap need to get some more. haha door handles i found quite easy js the f@*£n heater controls looked well good when i did it just with the heat in the car it started bubbling :x
JonnyBCK wrote:hmm i might give it a go then im thinking of doing the lower skirts, the lower front bumper and lower rear bumper. rather large parts i know but looks better than tacky plastic.
ye good idea would look nice will be a big job though make sure you clean the area down with petrol first as it gets rid of tar nd grease. you will have to get pics up after :D
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

Nice, and the carbon wrapping looks really good! Everytime I see folks do it themselves I get closer to just buying some vinyl sheets and trying it!

I believe that's also a Votex rear spoiler I spy?
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Post by JamieG172 »

Ben90 wrote: I believe that's also a Votex rear spoiler I spy?
Nah that's not Votex, the Votex incorporates the high level brake light in it... that looks more like either ICC or Reiger one, not too sure tbh!
polo_oli
New

Post by polo_oli »

ye defanatly give it a go mate its well satisfyin after youve done it what ya thimkin of doin? i got a sheet 1 meter by 30cm for like £11
nd i think its a reiger spoiler :)