First Car Project

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
AAimson
New

Re: First Car Project

Post by AAimson »

Also what MPG are you guys hitting just today driving around my town and just nipping about I was getting about 45MPG without really trying was hammering it some places. is that good? what should I get to a full tank?
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

anywhere between 400 and 500 dependant on where you drive if you hammer it everywhere iv done 350ish before
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

Oh aye, that's still good! know where I can get a Cubby Box from?
Ladiesman_317
Bronze Member

Post by Ladiesman_317 »

Colour code the rubstrips, dewiper the rear, buy some lovely alloys and lower it. IMO, that chrome grille looks tacky, and i personally wouldnt bother buying an exhaust for a diesel, cause it doesnt make THAT much of a difference, your better off sticking a halfords exhaust tip on the end. Like the guys have said above, get it remapped. Oh and if you want brighter lights, you can always buy HID kits, think a few people on here have installed them on their 9n's. They look quite nice tbh.
6N-Toby
New

Post by 6N-Toby »

This may be of help for engine mod's, Dub_Dan take a look and let me know your opinion?

https://rapidshare.com/files/1313589036 ... ogram.xlsx

Prices are estimates, I got my stuff for about 2/3 of the price on the spreadsheet.
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

The link is dead :( I really like the 9n3 lights, areo back whiper, cubby box, chrome gril and maybe colour code when i save up enough money! :)
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

the link does not work buddy
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

Any other cheap mods I can do? I've polished it all up now will post pictures tomorrow, is there anything I can do with the exhaust or even the noise?
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

So it's been a week since I bought my car, I t-cut'd it all and it looks nice. I been getting around 90 miles to a tender and I love it! Its so much better to driving my mums Corsa D 1.2. Still wanting some 9n3 lights and a Cubby box anyone selling them? Can I make the engine about quieter it's so loud!:(

Thanks!
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

9n3 tail lights are a simple fit but one important thing is they need a wiring adapter to light up the correct bulbs, otherwise it looks like a clown car. pretty sure a member on here makes plug and play 9n3 adapters to order

EDIT: here it is

http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 11&t=49011

Or if you're a dab hand with a soldering iron you can find a wiring guide and rewire the plugs on the loom yourself, you just need to swap a few cables.
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

Thanks Ben, think I will just leave it standard at the moment because of money issues. and price of diesel! still after a Cubby box though.
Ben90
Silver Member

Post by Ben90 »

Either grit your teeth and shell out £45 for one from your local Stealership or keep an eye on the For Sale section/eBay.
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

wow! rather make it my self!!
Ben90
Silver Member

Post by Ben90 »

They're a nice thing to have if you use a tom tom/HTC to navigate, because you can mount the unit on the underside of the lid. That way it's closer to the cigarette lighter and it saves you leaving telltale sucker marks on the windscreen. That's what I use mine for, moreso than storage. :)

But yeah, you're best off checking the for sale section since ones crop up on there from time to time for around £25-30
onlydiesels
Getting There!

Post by onlydiesels »

AAimson wrote: where is the other pipe that it may have come undone? theres no water in the boot :/
have a look under the bonnet, passenger side,down behind air filter/abs unit, there is a joint in the pipe around where the bulkhead meets the top of the chassis leg..it`s common for the joint to come apart,especially if the rear part of it has been frozen up. mine did this around christmas last year..fixed it about 2 months ago :roll:
get some to operate the rear washer while you have a good look underneath for a waterfall..

can anyone post any pics of the cubby box and sunglasses holder....sound like must haves..