Coilover and Brakes

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Jollus
Bronze Member

Coilover and Brakes

Post by Jollus »

Hey guys,

Ive got 17" Audi RS8 replica wheels on my Polo and was thinking of lowering it down as the car stands tall! Whats a good set of coilovers that I could get that wont be too expensive. I'm looking to keep spending low.

Also my brake pad warning lights have come on but its only the front brakes. Do you think it will matter if I change the front brakes and leave the rear ones? The rear ones have months left in them by looks of it?

Thanks
6N-Toby
New

Re: Coilover and Brakes

Post by 6N-Toby »

As long as you change both sides at once, you can do the front and rear completely seperately.

As for coilies, depends how much you want to spend:

Budgets - £200-250 - Vmaxx, FK budget, etc
Good but still budgets - £400-£550 - AP, Fk sportlines, etc.
Proper good - £750-£1500 - KW v3, eibach etc.

I have APs and a mate with fk budget, both do the job but aps outproform the fk's but they are double the money.

Hope this helps.
ali123
Getting There!

Post by ali123 »

Just ordered some KW V1s as I have heard a lot of good reviews about them. FK Highsports are also good for a mid budget.

Just to let you know when my warning light for the brake pads came on, I changed them the same week and there was still a lot left on them, so no rush to do them. Your back ones will probably be fine for a few more thousand miles
Jollus
Bronze Member

Post by Jollus »

Cheers for the help guys. I got the front brakes done they feel amazing now! Coilys are goona have to wait as I have turbo trouble and tyres wearing on the inside edges!! :(