Miles to a Full Tank

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
daydotz
Silver Member

Re: Miles to a Full Tank

Post by daydotz »

AJ_7 wrote:
Edi30 wrote:
AJ_7 wrote:It's a fine line between performance and economy, you need to remember you've opted for a high performance car. The MPG figures, to say it performs as it does are very very good. There aren't many cars out there that perform the same as a Polo 6R GTI and have the same or even similar mpg figures without getting a high powered diesel.
I agree, my GTI is averaging 42-45 MPG per fill up which is amazing considering the performance which does get used when required. To make a significant improvement over these new petrol engines the only model worth going for is the BlueMotion.
Definatley, I have a 1.2 TSi and on a combined cycle i'm averaging about 48 but I do tend to give it some stick every so often :D So for a GTi to produce those figures I think is amazing!
according to my trip im lucky to get into the 40s its normally 37+ in auto be intresting to see how much effect the cold weathers going to have :(
if i use tiptronic i can get an easy 40+

ive notice my mpg will improve greatly if im doing more the 7miles at a time hopefully after a few more miles on it will improve futher
im forgeting the cars only done 1700miles :oops:

what does the tsi do to the tank ?
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

daydotz wrote:what does the tsi do to the tank ?
Soon as the light comes on (still got approximately 50 miles range) I fill up with Shell V-Power and I get between 420 and 450 miles out of it. Out of a full tank I could squeeze 500miles if I didn't give it the odd bit of hammer when i'm running late for work :mrgreen:
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

daydotz wrote:
Definatley, I have a 1.2 TSi and on a combined cycle i'm averaging about 48 but I do tend to give it some stick every so often :D So for a GTi to produce those figures I think is amazing!
according to my trip im lucky to get into the 40s its normally 37+ in auto be intresting to see how much effect the cold weathers going to have :(
if i use tiptronic i can get an easy 40+

ive notice my mpg will improve greatly if im doing more the 7miles at a time hopefully after a few more miles on it will improve futher
im forgeting the cars only done 1700miles :oops:

what does the tsi do to the tank ?[/quote]

The fuel consumption will improve with more miles. Mine was very similar to yours when I first had it.
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

Filled my GTI up on Saturday for the first time, managed to get £74.13 in it :( (BP Ultimate at £1.409)

The range said 220 miles but after driving 120 miles the range has moved to 240 miles!
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

Filled my GTI up on Saturday for the first time, managed to get £74.13 in it :( (BP Ultimate at £1.409)

The range said 220 miles but after driving 120 miles the range has moved to 240 miles!
52litres crumbs I thought my tank was bursting at 49litres(45litre tank) after vw emptied it :( range still had 15miles left though I've not worked out my mpg for some time now :(
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

daydotz wrote:

52litres crumbs I thought my tank was bursting at 49litres(45litre tank) after vw emptied it :( range still had 15miles left though I've not worked out my mpg for some time now :(
I filled it up and got to £55 when it seemed full which I thought wasn't to bad then I discovered the vapour release button and managed to squeeze in about £19
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

stuart.cameron wrote:
daydotz wrote:

I filled it up and got to £55 when it seemed full which I thought wasn't to bad then I discovered the vapour release button and managed to squeeze in about £19
wheres that i cant say ive noticed
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

daydotz wrote:
stuart.cameron wrote:
daydotz wrote:
wheres that i cant say ive noticed
Just inside the neck theres a little button on the right hand side that is depressed when you screw the cap back on to allow the vapour out, but you can fill up with nozzle against this which will properly fill the tank but is only recommended when away to drive a long distance!
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Just the GTi that has that? Or do all Polo's have it?
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

AJ_7 wrote:Just the GTi that has that? Or do all Polo's have it?
Couldn't tell you, sorry.

I'll go take a photo and upload it later!
bowcaps
New

Post by bowcaps »

I've had my BM since July, cranked up just short of 8K on the clock.

Now I realise it's a BM, but I don't drive it anything differently than my VW T5 174, but get around 670 - 690 miles out of a tank, averageing 78 - 82 mpg. Perhaps a bit slower than the GTI, but still fairly nippy around town.

Bowcaps
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

I got 600kms out of my last tank at an average of 7.1L/100kms which is surprisingly exactly the quoted combined cycle for the GTI here in Oz.

Just to rub it in for all you in the old country though, I filled up the tank with BP ultimate last night at $1.44 a litre which on todays conversion rate is 0.92 quid a litre:)