Coilover Advice

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
ali123
Getting There!

Coilover Advice

Post by ali123 »

Right its another coilover topic :roll:

I have fitted some KW V1s and I know they arent as good as say FK's for lows but rather for handling etc. The front is low and grinds on speedbumps etc - looks good, but the rear is dead high and every time I adjust it, it seems to make no difference - same old tractor style. *plug for High Peak Low Dubs* I need it to be looking good for my first show over near Buxton in the lovely Peak District on Sunday.

Any ideas?
JoshGTI
Bronze Member

Coilover Advice

Post by JoshGTI »

Remove the adjustment plates on either side completely and let the spring sit on the axel plate. Works fine and the spring shouldn't be able to move around.

This should give you about an inch.
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Re: Coilover Advice

Post by BennoGTi »

Yep, remove both adjustment rings, the adjuster and the locking adjuster and let the spring sit in the threaded bit

Thats what I have done to my Bilstein B14's which are also designed for handling rarther than looking low, looks pretty good now though!
ali123
Getting There!

Post by ali123 »

Thanks guys :)
beijing polo
Bronze Member

Post by beijing polo »

if you feel any unease with just springs, cable ties are our friends :lol:
Sharpy19
Getting There!

Post by Sharpy19 »

i just got my brand new ap coilovers fitted, they can go really low on the front, but the back isnt very low at all with the adjuster cups in, ill see if it settles in anymore, if not there coming out! :twisted: