Polo 6n - JDM Whore.. Takata & Bride!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Re: My Polo - The Project..

Post by Tech-Ho »

Good god... it has been AGES since i have updated this!! Best get on it then!! haha excuse the amount of pictures that are going to be in this post :')

hmm.. Well seeming as the wheels were the last update, i shall continue from that..
I had the Rota's lips re-polished a few weeks after purchasing them, cost me £120 for the 4 lips to be re-done and i have to say the job came out fantastic..

All that is left is to get the money to spray them a nice deep glossy red and get some rather decent stretch on them!

Made a custom bracket for my rear plate that bolts through the rear tow-eye.. If i ever need to be towed, it removed quickly and easily :)

Temporary front plate until i got all the grills..

All grills were found and bought, i could then get to work on making my custom tilt bracket for my Jap front plate.. Pics of car after a good clean and wax..

A few weeks before this, i had ordered my Coilovers, JOM. Fitted them with the help of some mates..

Had a little photoshoot type group of photo's done after the coilovers were fitted..

2nd photoshoot a few weeks later - same location, helper springs out in rear.. more lowsss!

Beadage.. i know its meant to be lots of smaller ones...but shh haha

Progress had slowed a little due to a lack of money.. Also had a car show coming up, my first one with the car, so i thought ide spend a few spare quid i had on some paint for a few extra touches..
Painted the front calipers blue, didnt do them red as when i put the red Rota's on, they wouldnt stand out when its red against red..

I also had a spare rattle can of Audi Laser Red in the house so i sprayed my licence plate bracket. Will work really well when i get the Rota's on!

As i have stripped the inside of the car, i have began work on getting the seam sealer stuff removed - its a pain! Needs to be finished, covered in primer filler to prevent moisture in the car causing surface rust..

My mates Polo 6n2 on polished Audi Pepperpots..

Car show went well, even though my mates did PLASTER my car in orange maxxis stickers, and when i say plaster, i literally meen plastered..
Quick image to show the before..

And after.. They did this when i was walking arounnd the show taking pictures. twats.

Then the second day, they decided to cover my windscreen in them too!

Hahah love this pic..

Had one of the maxxis babes come and take a few pictures with the car..

I drove home with all three rear window covered in the stickers, yes, yes i did.

Once i got home, i got slightly bored and remembered i bought a roll of carbon fibre vinyl wrap. So i thought ide do some interior enhancement..

Then a few days ago i got bored again and thought.. carbon wrap something else. So i decided to do my clocks and heater vents..

Next plans for the car is to get the fornt helper springs out aswell and spray the inside of the car black before my 2nd show with the car at USC in august!

will update SOON!
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

Front definately needs to come down some more. Looks really good though, its come on nicely. Im still not sure about the red wheels but that's just me, it might grow on me.
Maxxis stickers were funny though, took alot of them though :shock:
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Done a bit more of the inside work in relation to the seam sealer and spraying..

Got all the seam sealer off that would be visible once the sub encloser gets made and put in and took it down to bar metal..

Then sprayed over the bare metal areas with red oxide primer, the white primer is just to cover the bits that the red oxide didnt as i ran out of it haha

I also sprayed my roof lining black, its pretty patchy at the mo but i think another coat rollerd on and it should be done.. all pillar trims, sunvisors and plastics will be sprayed black too..

Updates soon!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Time for a quick update..

Monies has been tight again since the last update so have continued the project as i can.. Managed to get some money to get a few tins of satin black spray paint for the rear of the car.. The wheel well will be covered by a flat floor sub enclosure so not to worry..

Front has been lowered a bit further as i have removed the front helpers also.. and i have bought some new headlight and sidelight bulbs to give it a bit of a better look during the night..

LED Sidlights and i have also ordered som 100W Xenon headlight bulbs.. still waiting on these..

Took some pictures of the car a while ago but never too kthe pics off my camera.. hence why the front hasnt been lowered or anything recent..

And a sticker in memory of one our 'Family of Friends', RIP Gary Diamond <3

Next thinks that i am planning to do when i get some dollah...

- Get the Rota's Painted a deep, glossy Red.
- Get some tyres for the Rota's.. Going for some nice stretches... 165/50/16
- Work out how far i want to go as far as spacing the Rota's.. 20mm, 30mm on the rear?
- Possibly paint the day-to-day wheels (current) red just so the theme can bee seen..

Updates as they come!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Test fitted the Rota's today to see what they look like on the car... here are the pictures...

Thinking about keeping the front where they ar.. but spacing the rear about 20-30mm... opinions?
CharlesK
Bronze Member

Post by CharlesK »

Those wheels look lovely like that. But yeah, spacers needed on the rear I think :D
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

CharlesK wrote:Those wheels look lovely like that. But yeah, spacers needed on the rear I think :D
Yea mate will be about 30mm on the rear :) .. going to leave the front.. maybe 5mm but i wanna tuck the front and poke the rear ;)
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Little update... Not much Gone on recently, Gotta job now in halfrauds ( i know :( draastic ).. soo will be getting a bit of money in to get new bits done.. might even get these rota's painted in the next few months ;)

Ive managed to get hold of a sub.. Juice 1200w active thing that i will be taking apart and getting some form of small install done over the wheel well..

Had a spare bit of carbon wrap laying around so i wrapped my front grill to see what it would look like..

I need opinions tho! Dont know whether it should stay or go..

What do people think..? Keep..? or no keep..?

More updates soon!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Another little update.. Have bought a standard 16v splitter to replace the colour coded one.. Hate looking at a clean car and seeing all the white scuff marks on the splitter. So decided to get a standard 16v splitter for TEMP untill i get a GTI one - possibly a genuine carbon fibre one?

Also, i have sourced a FULL 6n2 dashboard & doorcard conversion for a 6n and will be getting this in december for an absolute STEAL ;) Will be getting these flocked in black and red then..

More updates soon
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Quick update as to the progress of the car..

Not much has changed really, just little things such as the following:

Polo 6n2 gti splitter
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
Orange standard indicators & side repeaters have returned
Bought some 'race sport' (s**t) harnesses - were cheap so thought why not
Changed all my switched to blue LED - dials nextNot updated this for a while!

Few things have changed since last time, little touches, nothing big..

Things that have changed..

Polo 6n2 GTI Splitter
Back to standard orange side repeaters and indicators
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
4 point "race sport" (s**t) Harnesses - were really cheap so thought why not..
Japanese name in my windscreen - read below for reason why..
all switches are now Blue LED, just need to do the colocks with a red needle..
I also have 6n2 mirrors (non driver stubby), just finishing the paining before they go on..

Not much has changed really.. Things to come over the next few months:

- Got a second valver front bumper than I'm going to plastic weld over the plate. My current one has been done with filler and starting to look shot and annoy me that you can see where the filler hasnt been shaped properly.

- Rota Track R's, Red w/ polished lip - brand new imported from america (can only get white ones new in uk now :( )

- Shall be getting some goodies imported from japan ;) Hoping what I'm going to do hasnt been done on a 6n before, shall have to wait and see ;)

- Foglights, waiting on reply from a guy on here and then will be yellow..

- Fit my 6n2 mirrors

- Build my hiden sub enclosure, in a striped car? sounds strange haha

Updates as they come :D
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Nice effort mate on a budget but I think a gloss black front grill would be better and a color coded front lip once money is back together.....

I think blue centers on your wheels would be killer.....

Those maxis stickers LOL..... bastards.! :o
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Trottagti wrote:Nice effort mate on a budget but I think a gloss black front grill would be better and a color coded front lip once money is back together.....

I think blue centers on your wheels would be killer.....

Those maxis stickers LOL..... bastards.! :o
Thanks mate, well i say its on a budget, its basically what i can afford haha im not a rich kid by far! (hence why it takes ages to get things done on here!)

As for the bits and bobs you mentioned..

The grill will eventually be Genuine carbon fibre instead of the tacky fake wrap
The front lip was originally blue when i had it sprayed! But the girlf driveway was higher than expected so alot of scrappes followed :( so i decided to get a standard black one cause you cant see scrapes. Now im running a 6n2 gti splitter:)

and the wheels will eventually be Red ;) I hate these current wheels, the sooner i get rid the better to be honest!

and the stickers hahaha i said the exact same to them :P i drove a 4hour drive home with all three rear windows fully covered :P

tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looking good
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Another little update.. but some more pictures of the interior bits first..

Just a few more pics of the blue led's..

A few pictures of the sort of reflection I'm getting from my car at the moment, needs a mop to get rid of all the HORRIBLE hairline marks - i hates them :(

And a few of the beadage in the rain..

Found these pictures on my phone too from collage a few weeks ago, I'm sad i know but still - before and after :p

Now for the update.. i bought these :D

Had them through this morning with the wiring loom. Took me a while but they are all in and wired up :D Big thanks to the guys on here who helped me with the guides!

May be buying a showcage soon.. torn between buying two things this month. Showcage or something special ;)

Updates as they come..
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Lamin-X'ed Foglights..

Post by Tech-Ho »

Little update since the purchase and fitment of the fogs..

Bought a small sheet of yellow lamin-x.. 12"x6" sheet was £12! :o Pricey or what! But i was realy impressed with the ease of use..

The fogs in these pics are lamin-x'd also, just dont look yellow, poor camera on the samsung galaxy sl :(

This pic looks quite mean imo..

Just bought a driver side stubby mirror.. Wont be going on until i get my new bumpers sprayed, going to get all the paintwork bits done together..

More updates soon..