Possible Polo Purchase - Q about mileage

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Bastard Squad
New

Possible Polo Purchase - Q about mileage

Post by Bastard Squad »

hi all,

some might remember me as 'chief mangosuthu buthelezi' who had a bog standard red 1.0l. Anyway, i got annoyed at failing my driving test and gave my polo to my dad (he had a rover 214, i felt sorry for the dude)

ive since passed my test and i need a car. ive found a nice graphite grey polo 1.0l for £1395 but dont know the mileage.

what would you folks class as high mileage? lets say for arguments sake this polo i want has 100k, would it be good for another 50k? i bought my last polo with 97k on the clock and its been running great with no hassle at all.

thanks for any help

tony
4paws
Bronze Member

Post by 4paws »

if its had its services and its t/belt changed theres no reason why you shouldnt get another 50k easily :wink:
veedub 131
New

Post by veedub 131 »

yeah definatly check cam belt, if your not sure about it its best to change it anyway cos when it goes you could have all sorts of expensive probs (speaking from experience as a technician!) but dont be put off by the mileage as long as it has had regular servicing,got full or some SH and has not been thrashed about (too much), check head gasket for leaks, electrics, poor running (Misfires)etc if the engine has been warmed through before u get there, walk away! try to find out why the person is selling the car and how long they have owned it for ask them loads of questions to put them on the spot - and pick faults with the car like scratches, dents etc so you can bargain with them
8)
polo 1.4 16v SE '99V
midnight blue