Red 6N

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
tomatkinson3
New

Red 6N

Post by tomatkinson3 »

Alright guys, my name's Tom, I'm 16 and from Middlesbrough. I can't drive yet but I had to get the car this early due to the cicrumstances.

First time at doing this sort of thing but here goes... Had this for about a week now, belonged to my Uncle and a Granny before him. It was immaculate when he bought it about a year ago with 46,000 on the clock, no rust, scratches etc. Has details of every service and M.O.T since new and came with an immobiliser (not sure whether it's standard or not) and an aftermarket stereo (JVC KD-G411)

Then my uncle got it. As I got it he had crashed into an X5, damaging the headlight, indicator, grill and cracking the bumper. Also, on the rear bumper there was a substantial crack from when he reversed into a bollard. During the winter, a load of snow fell from his house onto the car, putting huge creases all along the roof as well as dents in the bonnet. He also went through 2 wingmirrors on the same side, so that's why one's green haha. The paintwork had faded pink as you'll see in the photos and the steels are in a state.

How I got it:

Apologies for the minging picture quality but this is how she's looking atm.

Then got it home to assess the damage... Looked a hell of a lot worse in person than this photo

Transformed with a polish:

Sourced a new light and indicator (this was a moment of relief after finally getting the old one out. The bumper decided to swallow 2 star keys):

Another shot of it today with the filler getting rubbed down:

I can only apologise for the photo quality, but there she is! Plans will be 6N2 rears, de-badge, aero wipers, maybe 16v bumpers, side strips removed then when it's on the road it's getting decked. Let me know what you guys think

Tom
Last edited by tomatkinson3 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomatkinson3
New

Re: Red 6N

Post by tomatkinson3 »

Progress...

Sprayed

Then started the war on this...

Poor photo but sprayed

Again, poor photo but when we got it outside

New home under trees until I'm 17 :(
Dom.
Bronze Member

Post by Dom. »

Nice work buddy, is that a trials bike i see?
tomatkinson3
New

Post by tomatkinson3 »

Cheers mate, yeah it's my Dad's Beta
tomatkinson3
New

Post by tomatkinson3 »

Another quick photo I got. Corner of the grill has since been sorted.
djseant
New

Post by djseant »

It's looking good!I was in a similar boat to yourself mines was pink now red lol. Where did you get the paint from? I'm gonna start a thread asap as got some before and after pics etc. Defo gonna be keeping my eye on this for inspiration!
tomatkinson3
New

Post by tomatkinson3 »

djseant wrote:It's looking good!I was in a similar boat to yourself mines was pink now red lol. Where did you get the paint from? I'm gonna start a thread asap as got some before and afer pics etc. Defo gonna be keeping my eye on this for inspiration!
Cheers mate! Yeah it was a right pain haha, spent far too long hand polishing it. Was cracking up in the garage being convinced it was still pink under the lights :lol: Place called John Davey local to me, excellent colour match. Good stuff, I'll have to have a look :)
djseant
New

Post by djseant »

AWrite mate did you use a spray gun for ur bumpers any more pics updates etc?
tomatkinson3
New

Post by tomatkinson3 »

djseant wrote:AWrite mate did you use a spray gun for ur bumpers any more pics updates etc?
yep was done with a spray gun. nah afraid not, been at work to try and get some money together for insurance.
bought some 6N2 rears, replaced a tyre and that's everything.
also developed a problem with the boot not locking, anyone shed any light on this?
greyjasper51
New

Post by greyjasper51 »

Personally i think the red ones look the best but take loads more effort to look as good and insain ammounts more to look better...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
tomatkinson3
New

Post by tomatkinson3 »

greyjasper51 wrote:Personally i think the red ones look the best but take loads more effort to look as good and insain ammounts more to look better...

do you mean paint wise or compared with other coloured 6N's?
greyjasper51
New

Post by greyjasper51 »

Compared with other colour ones