Project Polo GTI

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
lamborgini8
New

Project Polo GTI

Post by lamborgini8 »

Hey all, my first post on here and straight to the point! Haha.

I had a Ford Focus which was written off and then I bought a Mk4 golf 1.6 which was a pile of poop... I joined this swap site online and amazingly someone accepted a swap! My Golf for a Polo GTI! So I have kept at the chance and had it all looked over by my mechanic friend and all is good! Only issues is a little lacker peel here and there, the fact its lowered on coilovers such a stupendous amount means the wishbones and what not are bent and touching the body of the car, the driver side master electric window switch for the passenger side doesn't work and the remote central locking button doesn't work.

It's had a gearbox rebuild about 5,000 miles ago as well so that is all good, downside is its got 115k on the clock and 4 owners but its been very well taken care of.

I am going to swap the cars over on Saturday night and I can't wait! Here's the pictures I got while I was there... it also has the heated leather fitted :D

Also, here's a picture of the golf I am swapping.

Verity
Gold Member

Re: Project Polo GTI

Post by Verity »

Car looks great! Very good swap!
Have you got many plans?
lamborgini8
New

Post by lamborgini8 »

Undecided yet, I am quite liking the chrome and red theme... But I may paint the wheels black and tint the rear windows about 50%, also going to split the rear VW badge and paint the round bit red and stick it back together.

As soon as I get used to the power I will look into performance a bit, perhaps the BMC CDA.

In need of some inspiration really haha, it looks really nice as it is but I need to do something to make it my own.
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Tasty swap write there lol, red gti's with chrome wheels just works so well so maybe keep your rx2s for winter and invest in some bling summer wheels. Color code the front splitter and it's a Winner mate. Oh it's all about the k&n typhoon induction kit aswell fella lol... No heat sock ftw... Look forward to ya progress
lamborgini8
New

Post by lamborgini8 »

Trottagti wrote:Tasty swap write there lol, red gti's with chrome wheels just works so well so maybe keep your rx2s for winter and invest in some bling summer wheels. Color code the front splitter and it's a Winner mate. Oh it's all about the k&n typhoon induction kit aswell fella lol... No heat sock ftw... Look forward to ya progress
Tasty indeed!

Bit low on money at the moment but winter wheels are probably a good idea haha.

Where does the typhoon sit? I have seen the CDA right above the manifold where the original filter is... the typhoon isn't an enclosed one?
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Yeah it's an open cone filter that sits behind the ns front foglight.

Here's mine.

Purpose over popularity.....
lamborgini8
New

Post by lamborgini8 »

Looks the part as well that, cheaper than the CDA as well?

Also, is it possible to fit climatronic to a polo with the normal manual controls? I thought it had it fitted but it didn't, although I am not complaining.

I keep looking at the pictures and am toying with the idea of a black bonnet, black roof, black spoiler and black alloys... not too sure though haha. There's a little bit of lacker peel on those bits as apparently there was a leopard skin vinyl wrap on it when the guy got it but he pulled it off as it looked terrible.
mattygti
New

Post by mattygti »

Nice car fella mines got a black roof and top of boot to the spoiler just breaks the red up abit
lamborgini8
New

Post by lamborgini8 »

mattygti wrote:Nice car fella mines got a black roof and top of boot to the spoiler just breaks the red up abit
Any pictures mate? In need of a little inspiration haha.
mattygti
New

Post by mattygti »

Yeh it's the attention seeker polo further down in the list
lamborgini8
New

Post by lamborgini8 »

Looks quite good actually, is that matt black? I was thinking gloss black.

No one got any ideas on fitting climatronic in place of the manual ones?
6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

lamborgini8 wrote:Looks the part as well that, cheaper than the CDA as well?

Also, is it possible to fit climatronic to a polo with the normal manual controls? I thought it had it fitted but it didn't, although I am not complaining.

I keep looking at the pictures and am toying with the idea of a black bonnet, black roof, black spoiler and black alloys... not too sure though haha. There's a little bit of lacker peel on those bits as apparently there was a leopard skin vinyl wrap on it when the guy got it but he pulled it off as it looked terrible.
I have a new K&N typhoon kit for sale if your interested mate, they retail at £220 + New but I will let mine go for £160 delivered

Liking your new Motor looks like you got a hell of a deal with the swap :D
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Omg £160 is a steal... I would save the typhoon just for him lol....
6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Trottagti wrote:Omg £160 is a steal... I would save the typhoon just for him lol....
Yeah i'm giving it away to be fair, needs a new home now though :)
lamborgini8
New

Post by lamborgini8 »

Haha, tempting!

I think I should get it home before I buy anything for it haha! Although I almost bought some wind deflectors for it earlier haha.