6R polo headlight switch - please help! *solved*

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
hho87
New

6R polo headlight switch - please help! *solved*

Post by hho87 »

Good evening all!

I'm a second time polo owner, first being a 9N now I'm back with a 6R 1.2 TDI SE!

I've been reading the forum for a while so it's my first post!

Will get pics of my car up soon. But in the meantime can someone help me out please!

I'm trying to remove the headlight switch in my car, but going by the method, switch rotary knob to position 0, push in, turn right until it locks and pull out. I'm getting every part apart from pulling the switch out, it just doesn't want to budge at all. Am I being retarded? I consulted elsawin and it says the same?

many thanks for your help!

Henry
Last edited by hho87 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hho87
New

Re: 6R polo headlight switch - please help!

Post by hho87 »

bumpity bump!anyone got any ideas?
foggy69
Getting There!

Post by foggy69 »

To remove the light switch

Turn rotary grip of light switch to position "0“.
Push in rotary grip of light switch and turn it slightly to the right.
Hold rotary grip in this position and pull light switch out of dash panel using rotary grip.
hho87
New

Post by hho87 »

Thanks for the reply but I'm still having issues, I'm beginning to think I was dropped on my head as a kid :| ..........
foggy69
Getting There!

Post by foggy69 »

foggy69 wrote:To remove the light switch

Turn rotary grip of light switch to position "0“.
Push in rotary grip of light switch and turn it slightly to the right.
Hold rotary grip in this position and pull light switch out of dash panel using rotary grip.
This was quoted from elsawin
Having tried this myself, the 'slightly' is a bit off. I had to move the switch to just before position 1 before it pulled out.
hho87 wrote:Thanks for the reply but I'm still having issues, I'm beginning to think I was dropped on my head as a kid :| ..........
I thought that was part of the qualification to become a motor mechanic :D
hho87
New

Post by hho87 »

Thannks for the reply! I wish give it another bash!In failing that I have a Ross-Tech cable and VCDS coming on monday hopefully!I think I'd rather turn it off with that! :D
hho87
New

Post by hho87 »

After another attempt at removing the light switch, I was seriously beginning to think I was a oxygen thief at this point. It still wasn't budging! But....huzzah!

I removed the side panel.Put the switch into the locking position following everyones direction, then stuck my two hands in the side and gave it an almighty push and it eventually came out! Success or not...!

I found that insulating and even the bending of the TFL in the switch did not affect the behaviour of the DRL whatsoever :( so popped it all back in......#sorehands....

Thanks for your input though chaps!
verebs1
New

Re: 6R polo headlight switch - please help! *solved*

Post by verebs1 »

Does anyone (hho87) have access to the wiring diagrams in Elsa for the 6R? I am looking for the pin-out for the vehicle electrical system control module (J519) thanks.