Xenon in fogs??

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Joz
Silver Member

Xenon in fogs??

Post by Joz »

Hello again,

Need some advice. I'm buying these : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-VW-Pol ... 1e60e2cb36

And I thought that I might as well get proper xenon in the fogs then? Can anyone tell me if this has been done? Will the wiring be a pain in the arse?
Rich_T
Gold Member

Re: Xenon in fogs??

Post by Rich_T »

these look good! will be interested on how you get on
Joz
Silver Member

Post by Joz »

I'll let you know, but I've never wired xenons, and I'm thinking it will be hard to find a way from the fogs to the battery + where to put the transformer..
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

Helloooow there,

Right i supply and fit xenon kits and i have done it on my polo 9n3. (will upload pictures later on the day currently at work)

Its VERY easy wiring up the xenons.. No need to wire anything up to the battery. Kits i sell are plug and play.

I am unable to see the ebay link you have posted because it dont work for me whilst at work(i assume its a foglight kit)

Basically all you do is place the xenon bulb in the foglight and connect the wires to the ballast and job done :)

My polo never came with foglights. So i purchased the foglights from (vaglink which is now known as oriental parts or something) Also bought the switch of them which comes pulls out twice. Bought the wiring from ebay.de and got them wired up by a local mechanic and fitted the xenon kit my self..

If you would like any guidance ill be more then happy to help :)

I should have pictures on my facebook page of my polo with xenon fogs: search for XenonKits ForSale or add me on facebook: mr-h.i.d-man@hotmail.co.uk
Joz
Silver Member

Post by Joz »

Thanks for the info mate!

I looked it up yesterday.. Does not look to hard xD However, are the kits you sell hb4, 6000k and high quality? If so, I'm interested! :)
dood9n3
Bronze Member

Post by dood9n3 »

I have a xenon hid kit in my fogs, I found them to look cool but they're pretty useless as they throw light forward and not onto the road, the projector style you're after may be different

They are simply plug and play kits, you replace the globe with the hid globe, and stick the wires on the kit into the globe holder

I dont have a pic of my setup but you can see the connection type here

This is how it basically looks in day light

Joz
Silver Member

Post by Joz »

Sweet. I just ordered the hid-kit and projectors :)

I think it will look good :) Thanks for the install guide :)) Really appreciate all the nice people in here!
Joz
Silver Member

Post by Joz »

Got myself 6000k, and it looks dashing!

HOWEVER, the guys at Ebay was a moron, and put a picture of the wrong product?!? So I just got a standard, new reflector. Does not really matter though, because they are not really "blinding".

I really recommend this mod! Looks awesome! :D :D :D
dood9n3
Bronze Member

Post by dood9n3 »

If its not a projector fog and rather the stock fog like in my pic, then i find the HID to be an absolute waste as it throws almost no light on the road, rather get diamond vision globes
Joz
Silver Member

Post by Joz »

True, but I got them more for looks.

I have to say though, it really is not that bad! Still, I've contacted the seller and asked why the **** he did not ship what he was ment to. I'm going to try and get my hands on the right projector, but happy for now.
beijing polo
Bronze Member

Post by beijing polo »

hello joz,

i was looking into this when i got my foglights back on, but was deterred as it was more wiring.

have you ever considered LED foglight bulbs? they look rather good with no extra wiring!

alan
Joz
Silver Member

Post by Joz »

I ran LED up until now.
They look good in the dark, but waaaay to weak in daylight.

And in Norway you are only allowed to run fogs as DRL when it's still light outside. So that is why I figured changing to HID would be smart.

The wiring was not complicated at all in my opinion. Took me 2 min^^
Joz
Silver Member

Post by Joz »

They are not anywhere close to as blinding as they look!
Aaand I'm only running them when there still is sunlight, so not doing anything wrong to other people on the road ;)
dood9n3
Bronze Member

Post by dood9n3 »

Mines looks almost the same, just that the car is white

Joz
Silver Member

Post by Joz »

Sweet looking^^