lowered 6n2's, possible require this notch.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
nick6n2
Getting There!

Post by nick6n2 »

For most 6n2's that are lowered like mine will most likely benifit this chassis notch, if you here a knocking when your turning left mainly or on bumpy roads this is what happens to the drivers side drive shaft, you can see were it's warn as it's been hitting the chassis,
but with a 51mm holesaw drill through the chassis rail with the drill bit just in the bottom of the rail centre of were it's been hitting, and i used a piece of 50mm od pipe and cut it in half and cut it to length and welded it in as you can see and tided it up, hope this helps you solve the common problem. sod bouncing on the drive shaft..

HD9POLOGTi
Bronze Member

Post by HD9POLOGTi »

Nice bit of advice cheers mate would this method also work where the arb hits the chassis
nick6n2
Getting There!

Re: lowered 6n2's, possible require this notch.

Post by nick6n2 »

cheers, i haven't even looked into that actually to be honest, i'm not sure weather it will without looking what you cutting out etc. but it could do.
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: lowered 6n2's, possible require this notch.

Post by Trottagti »

HD9POLOGTi wrote:Nice bit of advice cheers mate would this method also work where the arb hits the chassis
If your that low unwound just remove it like the mk4 golf boys do. They don't see any change in handling etc. Or you could swap it for smaller diameter one from a lower cc model. Mine hits but I have just left it on. I don't mind it touching the chassis... I have heard ppl wrapping the are of the bar so it hits but doesn't mKe a sound with some kind of rubber sleeve lol.