Bentley's '11 Candy White Polo GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bentleyquiksilver
New

Post by bentleyquiksilver »

Okay, so i used to own a Peugeot 106 quiksilver that sat low and pretty on a set of staggered BBS RM wheels achieving a nice level of static stance but doing this meant, I was constantly ruining exhausts, smashing sumps, oil leaks (gearbox & sump) & small things breaking/starting to go with age I eventually felt it was time to let go, move on and upgrade...

So now I own a 2011 candy white Polo GTI, being turbo & supercharged its definatly a bit of a jump from the 1.4 8v 75bhp Peugeot 106 on power and its looks

Anyways, will stop boring you with the chatter and let you enjoy some photo's and slight progress since picking it up around month ago.
One of the first photo of the car after a test driving and immediately signing the papers

Okay picked it up on a Monday morning a week after signing the papers and agreeing to buy the car, it had been in my possession for less than, lets say an hour and i had de-wipered (speedtech rear glass wiper blank) the rear and lamin-x yellow tinted the fog lamps (no photo's)

Only the next morning it was up on a 2 post ramp with its original suspension removed and replaced with FK Highsport full hight adjustable coilovers

wound it about half way down then went to work, started refurbishing the wheels (were already mint except for two small stone chips) prepped, primed and then painted them myself in Honda Galaxy Grey

Centre caps removed, tyres off the bead, masked up, prepped, primed ready for base coat and lacquer

Base coated & lacquered

Baked the wheels, got them back on and the car back down on all four wheels. went for a drive, pulled over and took a side shot to see how it sat suspension wise, pretty even, it'll do for now

Drove it round for a few weeks, then on the saturday, washed, clay barred, machine polished, polished, waxed, then waxed again, all using meguiars products, resulted in a nice deep white shine and got rid of pretty much all swirl marks that were around the car, also valeted the interior, engine bay & got the metal polish out on the exhaust tip.

First rolling shot from a mate of mine whos within the same group (check us out over on our blog - http://www.establishment365.com) on the way to the Ultimate Dubs 2012 car show, very happy with the car at this point given its pushing, it still puts out a decent MPG, so its a great commuter for work until you give it the lead foot!

then picked up a set of 'europl8' pressed plates, to get rid of them horrible plastic GB number plates it came with, I'll leave you with a cheeky instagram photo on the way to work one morning last week when it was foggy - you can just about see the rear pressed plate in this picture.

P.s.. New wheels and tyres are being ordered within the next month and i hope to achieve a nice level of 'static' stance for now......
BlackSEL
Getting There!

Re: Bentley's '11 Candy White Polo GTI

Post by BlackSEL »

Saw it in the car park at UD, looks really great!!
Lieto
Bronze Member

Post by Lieto »

the road needs to be perfect to be able to drive with this sort of lowering, right?
DubbisH
Getting There!

Post by DubbisH »

That's an awesome clean set up you have there mate. When I read the title I thought someone had put Bentley wheels on a polo lol

Nice 106 too.... I had one of those, cool little car.

Although it looks awesome it is the lowest gti I have seen I think (excluding bagged rides) to you get any rubbing with it?

*DubbisH*
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Loving the colour of the wheels! Keep up the good work 8)
bentleyquiksilver
New

Post by bentleyquiksilver »

BlackSEL wrote:Saw it in the car park at UD, looks really great!!
thanks, i had dropped the coilovers a little for UD but have since raised it back up for the daily commute.
Lieto wrote:the road needs to be perfect to be able to drive with this sort of lowering, right?
nahh, i drive down alsorts of roads do atleast 300+ miles a week this low and all seems fine, still handles well to!
DubbisH wrote:That's an awesome clean set up you have there mate. When I read the title I thought someone had put Bentley wheels on a polo lol

Nice 106 too.... I had one of those, cool little car.

Although it looks awesome it is the lowest gti I have seen I think (excluding bagged rides) to you get any rubbing with it?

*DubbisH*
thanks mate, nah Bentley is my last name, the 106 was alright very low, harsh suspension (full track GAZ set up set to full stiffness etc) but also very fun in the way it was so twitchy and driveable. its quite low, still have a small amount left on the coilovers tyres rub a small amount on full lock but being in the trade nothing i cant sort out ;)
NeilMcConville wrote:Loving the colour of the wheels! Keep up the good work 8)
Cheer's fella, new wheels are going to be kept machine finished / silver as i think these are a little dark for my liking
Boyracer_2011
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 Moda

Post by Boyracer_2011 »

Very nice :-)
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Post by The Sheriff »

looks great !
strachs
New

Post by strachs »

Very nice motor :)
what wheels you going for? And what you doing with the monza's?
drennan
Gold Member

Post by drennan »

Verry nice although i did misinterpret title and get my hopes up. I thought someone had put bentleys on ther polo lol oops. not disapointed tho...... too much lol :D
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Yeah, what you gonna do with the Monza's then? :o
drennan
Gold Member

Post by drennan »

^^someone else whos misinterpreted lol
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Ohh noo I didn't misinterpret it. Just agreeing to a previous post :L Forgot to quote it
Deako
Bronze Member

Post by Deako »

NeilMcConville wrote:Ohh noo I didn't misinterpret it. Just agreeing to a previous post :L Forgot to quote it
Mine will be for sale when my new rims are on. 8)

Looks great. Not a huge "Stance" person myself. I like the car to be functional, and able to be blasted around a track.
x.laura.x
Getting There!

Post by x.laura.x »

Hi welcome along :)

can i ask which cleaning product out of ur list would get swirl marks out? i've noticed mines starting to get them.....