Door Re-lock feature

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Door Re-lock feature

Post by CANDYMAN »

I worked out this morning that the car locks itself! I did it the other morning but i thought i had pressed the key fob by mistake, So this morning i checked. I went out pressed the unlock button and the car unlocked, I didn't open any doors as i was opening my gates, Upon opening my gates i went to the car and just as i went to open the door i hear it lock itself again!! It must be a security feature incase you unlock it and then go back in the house. :D

Try it :wink:
x.laura.x
Getting There!

Re: Door Re-lock feature

Post by x.laura.x »

yeah i noticed mine does that too :) wouldn't trust it all the time though...but a cool feature :)
Boyracer_2011
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 Moda

Post by Boyracer_2011 »

Yeah did that in my fox aswell, must be all volkswagens??
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

My new A3 does it and its reaallllly starting to get on my Ts :P
George H
Bronze Member

Post by George H »

I'll have to try that tomorrow. I didn't think it did it as when it was frozen over winter I just left it running to warm up and it didn't lock itself then. Perhaps it wont do it if the key is in the ignition?
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

George H wrote:I'll have to try that tomorrow. I didn't think it did it as when it was frozen over winter I just left it running to warm up and it didn't lock itself then. Perhaps it wont do it if the key is in the ignition?
Don't think it will do it if the keys in the ignation or a door has been opened. So it is almost impossible to lock your keys in the car!
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Post by The Sheriff »

sorry to derail the thread but does anyone know if i were to leave the sidelights on and lock the car, would they stay on all night or shut off after a while ?
Last edited by The Sheriff on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
daydotz
Silver Member

Door Re-lock feature

Post by daydotz »

If you unlock the car and don't open the doors it will re lock most cars do this it wont however lock if you forget to lock it ;)
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

This is the auto lock feature and can be programmed by VCDS/Vagcom. You can turn it on/off and increase the length of time before it re-locks the car.

It will only re-lock the car if you don't open any doors or the hatch. Once you have opened any door the function is disabled. The function resets itself if you lock the doors using the key fob. You cannot use one set of keys in the ignition and have the auto re-lock function active. :)