Joshs 6n2 :)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
josh_spratty
New

Joshs 6n2 :)

Post by josh_spratty »

So, i was 17 in march and the weekend following by birthday i picked up this :) running 6n2 with 100k on the clock :) clean interior and nothing that wouldn't be changed on the outside :) couple of dents and scratches :)

it failed it's mot -,-. was told the front right spring was snapped. so i got home and coilovers were purchased that day and fitted the one after as well as the ronals i got for a bargain £180 with tyres :)
I partly debadged the rear and painted the badges and mirrors black :)
a general clean and polish and voila.
So this is how the car is at the moment :)

Not bad for 24 hours work lol, next is a full smooth and respray (within the next month or two if all goes to plan)
then painting the ronald in a candy blue or red with camber shims fitted to increase the arch clearance. bit of stretched rubber on the rears too :)
got a big list for it so i suppose i'm using this post as a kinda diary :)
all i have to do now is pass my f***ing test haha :)
cheers for looking,
Josh :)
automotivedesigner
New

Re: Joshs 6n2 :)

Post by automotivedesigner »

Nice, where u get those Ronal Turbos from that's a steal at £180! good luck with your test
josh_spratty
New

Post by josh_spratty »

automotivedesigner wrote:Nice, where u get those Ronal Turbos from that's a steal at £180! good luck with your test
cheers :) i got them off piston heads, offered 180 and he took it :) needs 1 new tyre for the rear so i'm gonna buy 2 that are stretched a little for a bit of clearance :)
josh_spratty
New

Post by josh_spratty »

automotivedesigner wrote:Nice, where u get those Ronal Turbos from that's a steal at £180! good luck with your test
cheers man :) fingers crossed haha :) and i offered him 180 on pistonheads :) one's a bit scuffed so they're gonna be refurbed and sprayed :)
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Nice work Josh :)

I bet your itching to get on the road now, nothing sweeter than driving your own car
Your 6N2 is coming along nicely, clean and simple always works the best

Great choice of wheels too, Ronal Turbo's are perfect
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

nice car mate looking good
josh_spratty
New

Post by josh_spratty »

cheers man :)
So, finally got my mk3 vr6 splitter today, half way through :) looking sweet!! :D buying my camber shims tomorrow and maybe tyres :)
can't wait! :)

6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Interesting choice of splitter :) should look good fitted but will sit pretty darn low

Just out of curiosity why didn’t you opt for the GTI front splitter?
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Post by TriggerFish »

Looks nice - needs a new style rear wiper for the back though, will make a big difference. Get the roof strips and door handles sprayed up too if you weren't planning it already.

*Edit* Wow, that photo must be ooooold with the 6x9's in!

Bet insurance is loving you with those mods at 17?!

Guessing the vr6 splitter doesn't suffer the same scene tax as the GTi one?
josh_spratty
New

Post by josh_spratty »

cheers guys, i picked the vr6 one because everyone was saying get a gti one :P I've got ronals on it, gotta be different somewhere lol :L
the rears being dewipered altogether and the bumpstrips are being taken off and smoothed :) next on my long list is a head unit to power my sub and amp haha :) then after that it will probably halt for a few months while I'm paying insurance :P
cheers,
josh
josh_spratty
New

Post by josh_spratty »

sorry that my thread has been pretty s**t :L not much updates haha, living on £4 and hour is hard :(
anyway, today we fitted the new brakes and i painted the ronals, and put negative camber on the rear to stop rubbing. it worked!!! :D happy josh lol :L
The ronals are painted in ford beige :L looks pretty sick i think :)

headunit and my new sub and amp will be brought next thursday and then to the spray shop to be painted and smoothed!! :D :)
what day think ? :)
cheers
josh :)
josh_spratty
New

Post by josh_spratty »

so i thought id posted a comment the other day:/ obviously not lol :L
few little changes on the car in the last few days :) firstly the wheels were painted in a ford beige. really think t suits the car:) camber has been added on the rear and its prevented rubbing!!!:D happy josh!!!! hahaha:) then the badge done the same colour behind the black. managed o get afew dents out too:D
Unfortunately, the vr6 splitter got mullered and has been removed :(
anyway, enough chit chat and a few pictures
what dya think? :)
DUB_Mcxxx
Bronze Member

Post by DUB_Mcxxx »

Looks pretty sick man! love the ronals :P not sure if that beige matches the blue but the more I look the more I like!
josh_spratty
New

Post by josh_spratty »

DUB_Mcxxx wrote:Looks pretty sick man! love the ronals :P not sure if that beige matches the blue but the more I look the more I like!
cheers man :) i know what you mean, I've had to spend a lot of time looking at it to decide that i like the colour :L not so sure on the wheels though, had a bit of a change of heart :/ thinking of selling haha :L just after its painted :)
looks like my comment did post twice haha :L my bad :)
cheers
DUB_Mcxxx
Bronze Member

Post by DUB_Mcxxx »

josh_spratty wrote:
DUB_Mcxxx wrote:Looks pretty sick man! love the ronals :P not sure if that beige matches the blue but the more I look the more I like!
cheers man :) i know what you mean, I've had to spend a lot of time looking at it to decide that i like the colour :L not so sure on the wheels though, had a bit of a change of heart :/ thinking of selling haha :L just after its painted :)
looks like my comment did post twice haha :L my bad :)
cheers
haha yea, well what about just spraying them again man? dont go selling them yet lol ronals are sweet 8)
I've got some ATS cups waiting to be refurbed and sprayed up, just waiting for the money at the moment :lol: