luke's white 6n2

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
x-luke-b-x
Bronze Member

luke's white 6n2

Post by x-luke-b-x »

hey everyone,

just got my first car and obviously i chose a polo :D its only a little 1.0 but i dont mind i still love it :)

this is how i bought it, not done anything to it yet.

needs a good clean, not to bad outside but inside needs a clean.

plans for now are
- Rclick central locking kit
- good detail inside and out
- sound system
- new alloys ( am likeing the cades eros atm XD)
- some coilovers, its on lowerd springs but would like to go lower.
- gti or maybe angel eye headlights
- front fog lights

also i was thinking about colour codeing bump strips and handles but i think it looks nice black ? let me know what you think woud look better :)

and maybe spraying the vents on the dash gloss white, carnt make my mind up if it will look tacky:/
ive seen gloss black alot but heard glare was bad in the sun and i wanted to try something abit diffrent and white would match the car obviously :L

so let me know waht you think and any idea's / tips would be appreciated :)

,Luke
Last edited by x-luke-b-x on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 10 times in total.
nigelelliott394
Gold Member

my white 6n2 :)

Post by nigelelliott394 »

Looks like a nice little car there :)

Cades Eros wheels are pretty cool! They'll look awesome with the car slammed I'm sure. I think colour coding the handles and bump strips would definitely look good too. Makes it look less like the other bottom of the range polos.

Please don't do your vents white. Gloss back for sure but definitely not white.

I look forward to seeing what choices you make with the car though and what you do with it.
tt509
Gold Member

Re: my white 6n2 :)

Post by tt509 »

nice mate
rafcoppa
New

Post by rafcoppa »

I rather like the wheels that are already on it! Size and shape seems to suit her quite nicely. Bit lower would help and a GTI splitter would make the front look a bit more aggressive. Im also rather liking the black and white look. Not sure on the white interior bits but it works in some new cars like the Fiat 500. Best thing to do is get a second hand trim on ebay or from a scrapper and give it a go, it wont cost much and if you dont like it youve not realy lost much.

At the end of the day its down to your taste not anybody elses, if you like something do it. (legal discalimer;this isnt an excuse for rape or clubbing seals. If you choose to do anything generaly rotten, morally wrong or illegal its your choice and not bacause Ive told you to do it!) ;)
x-luke-b-x
Bronze Member

Post by x-luke-b-x »

Thanks for the input guys! really appreciate it.

so the white vents are a no no then :L, just a little idea i had wasn't to sure on it myself.
still cant decide whether to keep the black strips and handles or color code them :x

and i dont mind the alloys whats on at the minute, seem to suit it. I just didnt want to have some cheap (don't know if there even a brand) alloys :lol: and yeah a splitter would look allot better that will be on the list aswell :D

anyway,
fitted my Rclick central locking kit today, and to me it makes a big difference for such a cheap and simple mod,
i know it only locks and unlocks the doors lol but i am allot happier with the car now, i didn't put any pics up because almost everyone knows how its done and there are guides on here anyway :)
if someone wants i will show how i have mounted the motors for the rear doors and how ive wired it up ? ive only seen one post on here about rear doors and i found it to tricky to mount it the way shown, so i have found a much simpler way to mount the motor.
just let me know :)

also i have bought these to go in the foot wells and maybe in the back, because it is stupidly dark in my car at night :/ no glovebox light no boot light, nothing :L and i think it would look pretty good

(my room is in pitch black) but lights up my pc really bright
and btw its wired in to my pc to test it because computer's use 12v aswell :)

i have got these lying around aswell
not got any ideas for these yet :/ let me know if you can think of something cool
Last edited by x-luke-b-x on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Nice Car :) there is just something special about a White 6N2, such a shame they never made the GTI's in white.

I totally agree with Nigel, do the vents in black because white would look pretty tacky.
x-luke-b-x
Bronze Member

Post by x-luke-b-x »

yeah i thought it would look abit tacky but wanted to hear some opinions :)

i just really dont know wheather to colour code the handles and bump strips :@
x-luke-b-x
Bronze Member

Post by x-luke-b-x »

could someone please tell me what this plug is (sorry for really bad quality it was dark)
i found it just hanging out behind the dash. i would like to know what its for ant why it wasn't plugged in :L

also i got a new gear gatior because mine was a little worse for wear :) not quite OEM but not to far off.
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Post by TriggerFish »

Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like it's something to do with the standard radio.

Is it a yellow, green and blue plug which all slot together to form one unit?
x-luke-b-x
Bronze Member

Post by x-luke-b-x »

TriggerFish wrote:Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like it's something to do with the standard radio.

Is it a yellow, green and blue plug which all slot together to form one unit?

i think it is yeah, ive put all the dash back together now so carnt check the standard radio is still in and works fine might be for the cd player underneath
i havent even checked if it works yet.
x-luke-b-x
Bronze Member

Post by x-luke-b-x »

right i am deffinatly colour codeing the strips and handles now :)

the pics i had seen i didnt like the look of it but now ive finally realised it looks so much better :L

should be happpening soon ;)
x-luke-b-x
Bronze Member

Re: my white 6n2 :) (anyone help with a few problems :/)

Post by x-luke-b-x »

Ive got a 2 problems what are really annoying me and was wondering if someone could help me out

i was messing with the car the other day and spotted a crack in the joint under the light, so like a idiot i was poking around at it and a chink fell out :oops:
Could this just be filled or would it just crack from the vibration? and has anyone else had this problem.

my other problem is ive got some wired lines under the clear coat on the rear bumper
its hard to see but there are very thin lines across one side of the bumper, you carnt feel them so i dont think its cracks. i was thinking that maybe its from reversing into something slowly putting pressure on the bumper and splitting the paint underneath. it could be caused by something completely different but i dont know. does this need to rubbed down and re painted ?

on the good side of things :)

i am at college at the moment so money is holding me back alot. but hopefully ive got a decent job so if i do get it i will have a much better budget for the car and wont take anywhere near as long to save up 8)
so i will be getting some new alloys ASAP!

i want your opinions on these 2 sets :
( i know there on a fiesta but it was the best/closest picture i could find just for a reference.)
lenso rs5

cades eros

my guess is most of you will prefer the eros, but ive seen them in person and they didnt look as good as on the internet :/

or maybe one of these?

let me know what everyone thinks#

Thanks, Luke
DUB_Mcxxx
Bronze Member

Re: my white 6n2 (help with a few problems :/ and some opini

Post by DUB_Mcxxx »

Yea Ive got little stress marks on my rear bumper too, previous owner must have reversed into something :x
And I personally think the RS5's would look sweet on yours mate :)
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

All 6n2's crack under the lights mate you have to get them welded up if you don't want them cracking again but tbh just touch them up with a brush. Color coding the strips and handles will make it look amazing, rs5's are a bad choice to chavy I think. The cades will look amazing in white mate I'd go with them....

And the rear bumper is the paint cracking where as said it's been nudged. Get the rear bumper sprayed with the handles and rear cracks then your strips will look amazing...
x-luke-b-x
Bronze Member

Post by x-luke-b-x »

Trottagti wrote:All 6n2's crack under the lights mate you have to get them welded up if you don't want them cracking again but tbh just touch them up with a brush. Color coding the strips and handles will make it look amazing, rs5's are a bad choice to chavy I think. The cades will look amazing in white mate I'd go with them....

And the rear bumper is the paint cracking where as said it's been nudged. Get the rear bumper sprayed with the handles and rear cracks then your strips will look amazing...

thanks for the reply mate,

i thought the marks on the bumper was from that thanks, and ill just touch the crack under the light up then :roll:

i didnt think many people would like the rs5, i do like them just not sure if theyd suit a polo.
i do really like the cades but i saw some at college and they didnt look as good :/ they were on a crappy punto though :lol: and i have thought about the white ones i was just thinking if i color code everything aswell i think it will be too much white :/ what do you think?
id love to see some photoshops but i suck at it and not even going to attempt one :lol: