Joe's Black Gti Progression Thread

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
SlyWind
New

Joe's Black Gti Progression Thread

Post by SlyWind »

Hi so iv been told to make one of these by mandy;P so yeah here it is:), i recently brought a 2000 W reg black 1.6 16v gti polo three door, it had 86k miles and had its cambelt as well as many other things changed at 82k miles, i got it for £1950 which i thought was a fair deal:), The insurance is about £1624 a year for me as i am only 18 without any no-claims atm, iv had my license for 8 months so still pretty high insurance, I will be changing a few things on it but the progression will be slow as i don't have alot of money at the moment... so here she is:) still thinking off a name for her any ideas?...

After a quick clean/wax

Testing out what it looked like with the lights on:) (bit shakey pics will get better ones soon:))

Just a couple of new thing's iv brought for it so far...

Vw Locking Dust Caps (shakey picture...):

New red trim as the current one is faded, will be fitting soon

Awaiting the arrival of the carbon effect front VW badge, If i like it il order a rear carbon red/black one:)

Tell me what you think so far?, i do plan to lower it eventually and maybe an induction kit:)

Also i go a GoPro Hd Hero 2, Been testing it out with the car lately and loving the current view i got of it:), feel free to watch the video just make sure its in 1080p:)

https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=nHTFfrrDsGc
Last edited by SlyWind on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Re: Joe's Black Gti Progression Thread

Post by Endi_GTI »

Welcome Joe. Nice little GTI you have there and what a bargain. I also have a HD Hero 2. Brilliant little cameras and i use mine on everything. Must try where you have it on the front bumper though 8)
SlyWind
New

Post by SlyWind »

Haha thankyou:) i wasnt sure if the price i paid was good or bad but from what i heard it wasn't a bad price:), yeah i was debating weather i do it or not just had to trust the suction cup haha:), just be sure to have it quite far out because the second time i tried it i had it right next to the bumper and hardly got any view:(, but yeah give it a go would be nice to see other views from other cars:)
SlyWind
New

Post by SlyWind »

So today's plans were originally fit the new carbon effect vw front grill badge but it didn't turn up-.-", so instead iv started to fit my red trim for the grill... but it wasnt as the guide said and had to glue it on as there was no clips?, so that's setting atm:), also another sticker came which i had to buy when i saw it... here are my current stickers i think the only other one i need is the uk-polos.net one but was out of stock when i ordered it last, some of the stickers look alright but not sure on the cookie monster one as it moved after i stuck it because the weather was hot... so it didn't really sit right so might take it off..., next thing is to look for a new air filter as my current one is filthy and clogged, im not sure what it is but kinda looks like a k&n air filter so will look to get another one of them:)

My most recent and probably favourite one:)

6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Looking good Joe 8) nice example

I'm not a massive fan of the stickers on the bodywork but each to their own.
What other plans have you got for it?
SlyWind
New

Post by SlyWind »

to be honest im not sure if i am either, it was more of a trial with it:), will probably remove most of them anyways:), but for plans hmm not to sure, lowered, induction kit, maybe a new exhaust, tinted rear/back windows, maybe a different set of steelies to stretch and use for winter:) but other then that not to sure really:)
t.small
Bronze Member

Post by t.small »

Welcome Joe :)
Think you got a pretty good deal with the price.
SlyWind
New

Post by SlyWind »

Thanks:) iv been a member on here for about a year now when i originally got a 1litre polo e, but sold that a week later, so never really did anything on here:), and sweet that's good to know haha:)
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

Looks very nice! Pretty close to my black one that I picked up last night! Pics to come shortly!

If you do have a K&N type panel filter don't throw it out s it's clogged-up & dirty! :!: They are quite expensive and last years! What you need to do, is get a K&N (or similar kit from another brand) filter kit. It consists or a cleaner spray and oil spray (which is red in colour). What you do first is to shake/brush/tap all the loose dirt and tree bits etc off the filter, then spray the cleaner spray over it, then hose/wash all that off. Then dry it off, then spray the spray oil over it, leave for a bit, then fit it and it's as good as new and won't need to be done for a few thousand more miles!
SlyWind
New

Post by SlyWind »

cheers for the advice:), my brother was on about that today, saying the reasons why you pay more for the K&N filter's are that they last alot longer and are reusable if cleaned with the right kit, so gonna pick up the cleaner+re oiler tomorrow maybe for around £15 from halfords and maybe a couple of quid off with trade price maybe:), but ugh got pissed off today as i was reversing out my drive and saw i was about to hit my right wind mirror on a metal pole so stopped put it in first to pull forward and it rolled back and force the whole thing forward -.-" luckily it didn't break it at all, just a little scrape on top/bottom of it... owell it can be fixed up:)
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Welcome to the forum Joe
Nice little GTI you got there :-) look forward to following progress of this :-)
SlyWind
New

Post by SlyWind »

Small update, the badge I ordered came but wasn't happy with it so was returned, i took my front badge off and resprayed it myself:) it's red with the insides red and fading to black im pleased with it although it looks like she has a red nose now, also replaced the very faded red (pink) trim with a new bright red trim and its looks good:), arial has been replaced with a short temp arial but only temp as the signal is crap until i can afford a decent one:), removed most of the stickers as they just looked crap... mods are slow as im short of cash... tax is due in 2 months £121 for 6 months!!

Also! for my dad's 50th i went to a track day where we got to drive loads of cars... i didn't have the money when booking to do it but arrived and saw they had a Nissan GTR available to drive... couldn't resist my boy racer heart and had to have a go... so £105 later including insurance i got 4 laps on a 2.2 mile course in the Nissan GTR, managed to get 115 on the 1 mile stretch but that was me worried about wrecking it... and doing 90 around the corners was pretty fun too:) so yeah all in all a good day getting to drive my dream car... surprisingly going back to my little car wasn't that bad still had the power where i wanted it and still feels like a go cart ;)
ImageImage
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Bet you had so much fun drivin that :-p I'd be paranoid bout wrecking it too but in all fairness you paid insurance so shoulda hammered it dude ;-)
SlyWind
New

Post by SlyWind »

haha that i did:) gave it all it had:), the insurance was £25 so wasnt too bad....

Also small update, got round to respraying my rear badge red and imo thinking it looks fairly good:) few tiny scuffs from the masking removal but owell:)
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Nice looking polo I love black GTIs
And so jealous of the GTR would love to get behind the wheel of one of those. A mate had one of those