My 6n2 GTi... and my 2nd VW.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Re: My 6n2 GTi... and my 2nd VW.

Post by Ashcroft »

Where down in Devon dude. There's recently 2 more GTIs turned up aswell and I'm trying to convince them to join us on our meets ;-)

Do you ever see mateys boat gone? Or is it just like constantly there on the drive?
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by red6n2 »

your actually like 4 and a half hours away from me, maybe at edition if you attend then ?

its always there i saw it being loaded onto a trailer once but been gathering dust for months, surprised its not been stolen actually saying that what would a thief even do with them... dont suppose its very fun in a resivoir :lol:
Ricki Rick
New

Post by Ricki Rick »

Nice car!

Maybe a stupid question(from a stupid swede ;) ), but what do you use to the red stripe on the grill?
I want it too... :wink:
t.small
Bronze Member

Post by t.small »

Ricki Rick wrote: Maybe a stupid question(from a stupid swede ;) ), but what do you use to the red stripe on the grill?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-GTI-G ... 672wt_1271
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

8)
V Bachetta
Getting There!

Post by V Bachetta »

Thanks for all the comments,

I see someone has already given you the details for the Red Line in the grill, great and cheap upgrade which looks sweet.

I would be putting up more progress however i been hit with some bad luck so everything is on hold now. Got TWO letters from the Po po on Friday, been clocked speeding not once but twice on the same road six mins apart. So now i have this to try and deal with, no money is going into the car as i may well be banned from driving.

Got clocked at 49 and 63 on a 30mph road, there are no speed roundels on any part of the road, i got clocked by an un-marked white van with black windows at the back. Given i have only been on the road for less than a year, its going to be almost impossible to try and get out of this one.

What's done is done, i cant undo the past but i can be smart about what actions i take next. So to start off with i will be completing the Section 172 notice but will not be providing driver details at this point. The letter will be requesting photographic evidence so that i can establish what they can actually see. Im really hoping they cant see me, or the image they have is for the rear of the car. Once i receive correspondence from them, i can then decide my route of action.

Gutted really, just annoying that drivers get hit so hard for such minor offenses, there are people out there who kill, murder, and generally do commit much greater crimes for which they are slapped on the wrist for.
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

yeh mate have a catch up at edition theres gonna be a fair few from plymouth going up me, phil, matt and ben with the gti and then loada other random dubs
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

We've officially hijacked a thread, well me and my friends are going I'm the only dubbed left out of them though. But I live in Northampton where it is so in there after work on the Friday few mates have that day off and are setting up a decent base in the morning !.
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Ah sweet mate I'll look out for yours! Be sure to say hello if you see mine
Ricki Rick
New

Post by Ricki Rick »

t.small wrote:
Ricki Rick wrote: Maybe a stupid question(from a stupid swede ;) ), but what do you use to the red stripe on the grill?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-GTI-G ... 672wt_1271
Thanks a lot!
I´ve ordered one immediately!!
V Bachetta
Getting There!

Post by V Bachetta »

red6n2 wrote:We've officially hijacked a thread, well me and my friends are going I'm the only dubbed left out of them though. But I live in Northampton where it is so in there after work on the Friday few mates have that day off and are setting up a decent base in the morning !.
I was just thinking that dude, :o

Take it to the bar boys, lol........
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

V Bachetta wrote:Thanks for all the comments,

I see someone has already given you the details for the Red Line in the grill, great and cheap upgrade which looks sweet.

I would be putting up more progress however i been hit with some bad luck so everything is on hold now. Got TWO letters from the Po po on Friday, been clocked speeding not once but twice on the same road six mins apart. So now i have this to try and deal with, no money is going into the car as i may well be banned from driving.

Got clocked at 49 and 63 on a 30mph road, there are no speed roundels on any part of the road, i got clocked by an un-marked white van with black windows at the back. Given i have only been on the road for less than a year, its going to be almost impossible to try and get out of this one.

What's done is done, i cant undo the past but i can be smart about what actions i take next. So to start off with i will be completing the Section 172 notice but will not be providing driver details at this point. The letter will be requesting photographic evidence so that i can establish what they can actually see. Im really hoping they cant see me, or the image they have is for the rear of the car. Once i receive correspondence from them, i can then decide my route of action.

Gutted really, just annoying that drivers get hit so hard for such minor offenses, there are people out there who kill, murder, and generally do commit much greater crimes for which they are slapped on the wrist for.

Don't know how but I've only just seen this post :-(

Truly gutted for you mate I bet your really not happy bout it, fingers crossed for you and hope all goes well getting a sh*t picture so they can't actually prove it's you
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

Gutting but unfortunately that's the penalty for doing double the speed limit
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

V Bachetta wrote:Thanks for all the comments,

That really unlucky dude, what penalty are they giving you for that? When i got done for speeding they gave me the choice of doing a course or a fine and points, i chose the course lol, but as far as im aware isn't double the speed limit an instant ban, but i may be wrong??
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Post by benmkiv »

Did you drive past the same can twice? If so almost garunteed one of the pictures is of your face but maybe a crap one.

6 points and you lose your licence don't you but you can just take your test again or they may offer you a course instead of three and then grin and bear the other three.

Worth looking into online because I'm
Not entirely sure they're allowed to do speed checks in an unmarked van like that.