Key Programming?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
vdublighty
New

Key Programming?

Post by vdublighty »

Hi guys,

Could really use some help with this if you will.
i've just bought an Rclick remote system for my 6n2, had the keys cut and everything. Now i just need to program the fobs to the immobiliser so they can be used to start the engine. is there any way i can do that myself via a special combination or anything like that? i know it can be done when you already have remote locking and you've just got a replacement fob, but i can't find anything on just programming the new key with the immobiliser using my existing (non-remote) factory key. is it possible?

Many thanks in advance :)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Key Programming?

Post by alexperkins »

The rclick keys dont come with immobiliser chips, so they cant be programmed unless you source these from somewhere like hickleys.co.uk

The transponder has to be coded by a VW dealer, and will cost £75+VAT to do it in most cases

Most people just cut them out the original keys, and stick them inside the new keys in the right place
vdublighty
New

Post by vdublighty »

Ah ok, makes sense. thanks. the place i got the blanks cut out (timpsons) say they can chip new keys, although these fobs look harder than Fort Knox to get into! Saying that, i watched countless videos on youtube, browsed various forums etc, and had an idea. so i put the original key in the ignition and turned the electrics on while i closed the door, inserted the new key in the door lock, locked, then unlocked the door. doing this meant i could start the engine with the new key. once i'd then turned off the engine and locked the car up again, i then got back in the car and tried starting the engine a second time with the same new key and the immobiliser kicked in. maybe it'll work every time once i've actually fitted the remote receiver(!) and i no longer unlock the car manually ? ( if you see what i mean lol)
vdublighty
New

Post by vdublighty »

not to worry! Rclick kit fitted today, chips swapped over and all is functioning. really happy with the finished article!
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Key Programming?

Post by red6n2 »

I smashed a transponder doing this and then when I vought replacements VW could not code it.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

You have to get the correct replacements

It can be done as I've had it done myself.
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Key Programming?

Post by red6n2 »

I got the replacements you told me to get ha ha