Polo 1.6 sport airbox

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
TommoT
New

Polo 1.6 sport airbox

Post by TommoT »

I am having difficulty removing the standard airbox from my polo sport 1.6 fsi, any help would be appreciated
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Re: Polo 1.6 sport airbox

Post by Yeahhluke »

Hi mate,

If its anything like the 1.8T airbox, there's 3 mounts that's it's on and it's bolted into, with the air intake pipe coming into the bottom of it, if it's completely different to this then get some pics up of it
TommoT
New

Post by TommoT »

Not sure i know that the actual intake comes into the bottom of it then the cold air feed come in slightly above and to the side, i cant find any bolts or any sort of fixtue that hold it in, hence why im so frazzled, not sure if i can get pics up as i only have my iphone but ill have a go
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

I use my iPhone for pics aswell mate, just get the photobucket app then upload them there and copy and paste the URL in a post on here, I'll have a look at mine tomorrow too too see if I missed anything or forgotten since I last looked
TommoT
New

Post by TommoT »

Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

TommoT wrote:I think this is the right url http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o79 ... 06ed95.jpg
Yeah this is a lot different lol, but there looks like there's bolts all around it have you taken them off and then see what the base looks like it fits into?
TommoT
New

Post by TommoT »

Yeahhluke wrote:
TommoT wrote:I think this is the right url http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o79 ... 06ed95.jpg
Yeah this is a lot different lol, but there looks like there's bolts all around it have you taken them off and then see what the base looks like it fits into?
Yea basically there are 3, what look like rubber bolt covers, there really tight on but i managed to lever one of them to just about see that underneath it what looks like a plastic rivet thats been welded, there doesnt appear to be another way of taking it off, a little confused atm
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

Hmm I think I'm stuck on that one then bud, as the Gti air box is different so not really got any other ideas, there must be someone else on here with a 1.6 that has taken the airbox out who can help?
TommoT
New

Post by TommoT »

Not a clue mate i had a loom around to try and find one for sale but couldnt find one and ive mever seen one about :/ thanks anyway :)