Re: Simon's Polo Match 1.4 (First Car)

Post by rover220 »

is it a gti??

no, its not so remove the grille.
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Post by jimbo_tdi »

If he wants to personalise the car so it expresses himself then let him be. Granted you're entitled to your own opinion but "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all." :roll:
Boyracer_2011
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 Moda

Post by Boyracer_2011 »

SimonM95 wrote:Thanks :) I ran two 1 core cables up each side to the front interior light. Soldered the two positives to the light. Cramped the two negatives to the negative wire going into the light unit. So they both work the same as each of the side lights in the unit. So if the passenger turns on their light their foot well light comes on as well. Its the same for the driver as well. Sorry im not very good at explaining haha
Yeah I understand mate, would be good to have each side wired up :-)
I painted my SEL grill to go with my gti grill... *cough... And I think it works really good.
theres loads of badges out there instead of the gti one, coz the gti owners get a little pissed off haha.
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

Wolfi wrote:Footwell lights are really cool and adds a real tint of class to a car's interior. 8)
btw, I really like a black 6R, especially with a GTI grille!
Thanks ye im really happy with it so far :D
rover220 wrote:is it a gti

no, its not so remove the grille.
I'm not taking out the grille because I really like it. I do want to replace the gti badge with something just haven't got round to it yet.
Boyracer_2011 wrote:
SimonM95 wrote:Thanks :) I ran two 1 core cables up each side to the front interior light. Soldered the two positives to the light. Cramped the two negatives to the negative wire going into the light unit. So they both work the same as each of the side lights in the unit. So if the passenger turns on their light their foot well light comes on as well. Its the same for the driver as well. Sorry im not very good at explaining haha
Yeah I understand mate, would be good to have each side wired up :-)
I painted my SEL grill to go with my gti grill... *cough... And I think it works really good.
theres loads of badges out there instead of the gti one, coz the gti owners get a little pissed off haha.
Ye I think it might have been you that I got the idea from to paint the SEL grille. Not sure haha but it was someone from this forum. Ye ive noticed that :lol: I've had a look at some but not found one I like yet. really wish it didn't have the random shapes under it so I could just take it out :(
Boyracer_2011
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 Moda

Post by Boyracer_2011 »

Tell is bout it mate, I would of left it blank aswell but couldnt leave the odd shape Haha.
Are you going to ultimate dubs in march?
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

Don't think so. Got exams and stuff around that time :(
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

like all the little touches dude
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

mashmarriner wrote:like all the little touches dude
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

Small update. I took the Gti badge off the grille and cut out the little insert things. The different shapes dont bother me as much as I thought they would! Think it looks better without the badge. :D

Also here's a picture from last night when I was out with my mates :) Notice the corsa's orange sidelight haha
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

Decided to give the car a proper clean today! Also I got a VCDS cable off amazon. http://tinyurl.com/c7y8uc9 It's the proper full version and it was only £27. All I've done so far is make the doors lock at 10mph but I think its worth getting at that price!

calvinw1
Bronze Member

Post by calvinw1 »

Loving the car, the red on the front looks so good! The vcds you bought, it's not limited in any way is it? Just ordered it now so hope it lets you code things like the full version! :-)
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

calvinw1 wrote:Loving the car, the red on the front looks so good! The vcds you bought, it's not limited in any way is it? Just ordered it now so hope it lets you code things like the full version! :-)
Thanks :) Nope its this exact cable. http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html I had to use the software and driver off the disk that came with it because the download off the website didnt work for some reason. But it works fine now :)
jgw226
New

Post by jgw226 »

I really like the red around the bottom grill! What did you use to paint it mate!
calvinw1
Bronze Member

Post by calvinw1 »

That's so good, just ordered one now! How long did it take for yours to arrive? Got a predicted delivery date of 21st may!
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

calvinw1 wrote:That's so good, just ordered one now! How long did it take for yours to arrive? Got a predicted delivery date of 21st may!
Took about 2 weeks for mine to come. It's coming from Hong Kong thats why haha