Polo 9n speedo problem help :(

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
P mk4
Bronze Member

Polo 9n speedo problem help :(

Post by P mk4 »

Drove through a large puddle on the passenger side of my car last night and my speedo has stopped working :/

Is there a sensor connected to the hub that i has stopped working ?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm suppose to be selling the car on the weekend :/
88rsr
Silver Member

Re: Polo 9n speedo problem help :(

Post by 88rsr »

Pretty sure the speedo takes a reading from the ABS/wheel speed sensors as when I had a fault on the other halfs car the speedo would randomly drop 10mph whilst cruising on the motorway without actually physically changing speed. Hers was solved after I ruled out the actual sensor being at fault when I replaced the wheel bearing (it has the abs pickup built into it)
Possibly the sensor has picked up some muck on it from going through the puddle giving a false or no reading. Do you know anyone with Vagcom/VCDS?
P mk4
Bronze Member

Re: Polo 9n speedo problem help :(

Post by P mk4 »

88rsr wrote:Pretty sure the speedo takes a reading from the ABS/wheel speed sensors as when I had a fault on the other halfs car the speedo would randomly drop 10mph whilst cruising on the motorway without actually physically changing speed. Hers was solved after I ruled out the actual sensor being at fault when I replaced the wheel bearing (it has the abs pickup built into it)
Possibly the sensor has picked up some muck on it from going through the puddle giving a false or no reading. Do you know anyone with Vagcom/VCDS?
Cheers for your help i think your right as i was driving home yesterday it kicked back in. Going to get my friend to vagcom it and have a look at the hub see whats going on :)