Lowering front on coilovers

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
cooz93
Bronze Member

Lowering front on coilovers

Post by cooz93 »

So, I have fk street coilovers and its not sitting low enough! I took out the helper springs last night and put it all back together, but it sat higher, and also is sounded like there was something running while driving. What else can I do? I only need it max 0.5 inch lower, any suggestions? Also is there a certain way drop links have to go on? I.e is there a top and a bottom? Any help would be great!!
fonzooorooo
Bronze Member

Re: Lowering front on coilovers

Post by fonzooorooo »

there are shorter links available (I forget which ones you need) to go silly-low on these.
cooz93
Bronze Member

Post by cooz93 »

Are they shorter than the ones supplied with the kit? The ones it came with are a fair bit shorter than standard.. Or are there even shorter ones than that?
fonzooorooo
Bronze Member

Post by fonzooorooo »

no idea - I never lowered ours. Just a stab at being useful and a bump for your post!
chewy_
Bronze Member

Post by chewy_ »

How long are your droplinks? I have mondeo one's in mine and they are not that much shorter than standard.

How low is your car sitting at the min? got any pics?
cooz93
Bronze Member

Post by cooz93 »

Just measured the drop links are there about 25/26cm long? That seems fairly long to me? The car site pretty well just now as its in 17"s, but hopefully will be getting some 16"s in the next few months so will need to make up for the drop in rim size. I can definitely get shorter drop links than this.. But how short will I go? And any idea what the standard length is?
chewy_
Bronze Member

Post by chewy_ »

You can get 16cm http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-SHORTENED-D ... 53f61818ca

You only need to change them if they catch on the drive shaft though.