R-Line lights on my GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
PJH
Getting There!

R-Line lights on my GTI

Post by PJH »

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit the R-Line lights onto my GTI and where can I buy them...can't find them anywhere!!

Also has anyone bought the genuine VW Polo L.E.D day running lights, I've considered it but would like some thoughts?

Thanks!
JayW
Silver Member

Re: R-Line lights on my GTI

Post by JayW »

PJH wrote:Can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit the R-Line lights onto my GTI and where can I buy them...can't find them anywhere!!

Also has anyone bought the genuine VW Polo L.E.D day running lights, I've considered it but would like some thoughts?

Thanks!
I thought the R-line headlights were the same as any other polo headlamp? I had a look at my brothers SEL polo and my R-line and the headlamps are the same.

As for the LED day time running lights, have you got a link to them? Didn't even realize they existed lol
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

Just found the daytime running lights...

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/acce ... nd-styling

but for nearly £400 that's abit steep!
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymagnum »

i had the leds fitted at vw last year on my polo ,my camera does pick up the lights very good but they are bright.

if you do decide to get leds fitted shop around at different vw garages because they give different prices.
franko247g
Bronze Member

R-Line lights on my GTI

Post by franko247g »

They look miles better than I thought! :)
PJH
Getting There!

Post by PJH »

Thanks everyone, I thought they did a Polo headlamp similar to that of a Tiguan R-Line. I really like the day running led's, they don't look very white...are they in person?
BlackSEL
Getting There!

Post by BlackSEL »

Hi, do the headlights and side lights go off when the leds are on (when the light switch is turned to the off position)?
Thanks
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymagnum »

no leds are on all the time except when you use the indicators,i had a big fall out with bury vw over this issue,because it states on the accessories the lights go out when you put side lights on,but i got a good deal at the end,full valet,a full tank of petrol + £300 vouchers.i believe the accessories for leds have not yet been updated.
BlackSEL
Getting There!

Post by BlackSEL »

jonnymagnum wrote:no leds are on all the time except when you use the indicators,i had a big fall out with bury vw over this issue,because it states on the accessories the lights go out when you put side lights on,but i got a good deal at the end,full valet,a full tank of petrol + £300 vouchers.i believe the accessories for leds have not yet been updated.
Cheers, I thought that may have been the case :(