Simon's Polo Match 1.4 (First Car)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
calvinw1
Bronze Member

Re: Simon's Polo Match 1.4 (First Car)

Post by calvinw1 »

SimonM95 wrote:
calvinw1 wrote:That's so good, just ordered one now! How long did it take for yours to arrive? Got a predicted delivery date of 21st may!
Took about 2 weeks for mine to come. It's coming from Hong Kong thats why haha
Only realised after i'd posted the question haha, feel slightly stupid now! :oops:
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

Here's another update.

I got a genuine 9W7 bluetooth module and im very happy with it! So much better than that Bury crap I had.
I seen the air con knobs on this forum and decided to get them aswell. Think they look much better. Also got a black badge with red on the inside for the front.
It was my birthday last month and I got a private reg from my parents! So happy with it. I decided to order pressed plates and im so happy with them!
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

Almost forgot. Was out with my mates and one of them took this picture. This was before I had my pressed plates on.
LoveTheVAG
New

Simon's Polo Match 1.4 (First Car)

Post by LoveTheVAG »

Hi :) your car is looking mint!

Hoping you can help, how did you do your front interior lights? Can't seem to get the dome off mine - feels like it will break! Also, do your LEDs stay on a little bit unless you turn them off completely? My interior rears and boot ones do.

Cheers :)
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

Love the car and the red suits it loads, breaks up the front a bit!
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

LoveTheVAG wrote:Hi :) your car is looking mint!

Hoping you can help, how did you do your front interior lights? Can't seem to get the dome off mine - feels like it will break! Also, do your LEDs stay on a little bit unless you turn them off completely? My interior rears and boot ones do.

Cheers :)
Hi Thanks :)
To change the front interior lights you have to pull the whole unit out. Its tight to come out but it shouldnt break. Just need to pull hard enough haha. Ye the rear ones are on a bit when the front ones are but ive never checked the boot one. Dont think its a problem though. Hope this answers your questions :)
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

What leds are you using been thinking about changing mine to LEDs not sure which I need
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I'm confused.

If you had the multi function steering wheel as an option, how come the car didn't come with the Bluetooth module, instead of the bury kit?

Your car looks good pal, first polo I have seen with the mudflaps. I ordered them to be fitted on my R Line but when it arrived at the dealers they couldn't fit them because of the side skirts and splitter that come standard lol
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

joelburbidge wrote:What leds are you using been thinking about changing mine to LEDs not sure which I need
These are the LED's I have as my side lights and the interior lights. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-8-SMD-LED ... 43aa2007c1
The lights under the sun shades are these and so are the ones above the back seats. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-ERROR-FREE ... 46037f8066
Wilxay wrote:I'm confused.

If you had the multi function steering wheel as an option, how come the car didn't come with the Bluetooth module, instead of the bury kit?

Your car looks good pal, first polo I have seen with the mudflaps. I ordered them to be fitted on my R Line but when it arrived at the dealers they couldn't fit them because of the side skirts and splitter that come standard lol
I dont know it just didnt haha. Thanks ye im getting the skirts put on so they will be coming off soon!
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

How well does the bluetooth work through the RCD510? Any voice activation, even if it's just the system in the phone?
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

vc-10 wrote:How well does the bluetooth work through the RCD510? Any voice activation, even if it's just the system in the phone?
It works as it should I guess. Not had any problems. The voice activation on the phone does work with it aswell.
peeetz
New

Post by peeetz »

Hi mate. i have a black polo 6r, i love it also like some of the things you have done to yours.

Just a quick question about your pedals and footrest..are the pedals easy to install or do they require a bit of work? and have you just drilled the metal plate of the footrest on or did you remove the standard one?

cheers.
SimonM95
New

Post by SimonM95 »

peeetz wrote:Hi mate. i have a black polo 6r, i love it also like some of the things you have done to yours.

Just a quick question about your pedals and footrest..are the pedals easy to install or do they require a bit of work? and have you just drilled the metal plate of the footrest on or did you remove the standard one?

cheers.
Hi thanks :) To get the pedals on I put them in hot water to soften the rubber then it was quite easy. The footrest is a metal plate attached by screwes. I had to drill into the plastic of the footrest but the holes were already there on the metal part.
peeetz
New

Post by peeetz »

hi thanks mate, i think ill just go ahead and buy them then
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

I wonder if the footwell lights could be wired up to the light for the fag lighter? That way you could run with them on and dim them down.