coilover advice

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

coilover advice

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Looking to buy a new car and dont want to go down the springs route, the ride is too harsh

i know theres no such thing as comfy coilies...but what is the most comfortable set to go for?

about £500 budget ...ive heard good about the £200 joms but no reviews on the ride :(

help please
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Re: coilover advice

Post by Ben90 »

Ap coilovers are known on here and Briskoda as being very good quality and value, they'd also be bang on budget for you. The general consensus of Jom's and other coils priced at around £200 is you get what you pay for...
greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Ben90 wrote:Ap coilovers are known on here and Briskoda as being very good quality and value, they'd also be bang on budget for you. The general consensus of Jom's and other coils priced at around £200 is you get what you pay for...
ive heard about them being similar to weitecs which is what i had before...im aiming for something slightly softer if possible :(

seen bilsteins but for 590...hmm
VWindahouse
Bronze Member

Post by VWindahouse »

I have had both spring/shock combo and cheap FK coilovers. If it's ride quality you're mainly after I would suggest a Koni Yellow adjustable damper shock set and H&R 35mm drop springs. A seriously great combo for handling and when the shocks are are wound to the softest setting it really is like riding on stock suspension :D But if you want to have some fun just wind the fronts a couple of turns and get all fast and furious!

Depending on what drop you're after that's my suggestion, however if you want to "really" low this won't get you there :(
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Post by BennoGTi »

I have some bilstein b14's for sale very soon (Once I give them a quick clean) - Keep an eye on the for sale section :)
greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

BennoGTi wrote:I have some bilstein b14's for sale very soon (Once I give them a quick clean) - Keep an eye on the for sale section :)
oooo..do let me know when you put them on..

good price = cash in your hand ;)