Polo gti stage 1 to stage 2

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Phile6802
Getting There!

Post by Phile6802 »

Hi all I have had my polo gti a couple of weeks now it is currently running a stage one remap and pulled 214bhp print out with a full custom decat non resonated pipe forged recirc valve (007) 4 bar fuel pressure regulator big k&n induction kit and a maf to turbo intake pipe I have recently been told the 4bar pressure regulator and the decat will not be helping any as the decat wasn't mapped in and the fuel will not be running up too 4bar because its only stage one? I was thinking about stage 2 remap but have been told it absolutely destroys your mpg? I think I would get a front mount before stage 2. As have read it uls bra big help aswel. Just looking for some advice really thanks phil
ryanday91
Bronze Member

Re: Polo gti stage 1 to stage 2

Post by ryanday91 »

mines stage 2 , get on average 200 miles to a tank of v power,
VWindahouse
Bronze Member

Post by VWindahouse »

That's a big generalization mate as it really depends on the quality of tune. Some crappy tunes will dump a heap if fuel in, where as a good tune won't be anymore than phase 1. I went with Custom Code and actually get better economy on phase 2 than on the stock ecu :mrgreen: and with phase 2 unless the tune asks for it you don't need a 4 bar reg. But if it does I also recommend upgrading your fuel pump as mine struggled to keep up and pulled timing as it was making mad torque figures for a K03s. 376Nm was the figure iirc.

Best of luck, you'll love phase 2 but phase 3 is better :lol:
Crippin
Bronze Member

Post by Crippin »

Stage 2 returns me on trip comp 260miles to a full tank. Realistically that's probably a little high. But when on the m1 I can still get 40mpg. Round town still see's me low 20's high teens and country roads when giving it a thrashing anything from 7mpg upwards.
It's all about how heavy your right foot is.
noone025
Bronze Member

Post by noone025 »

What brand of tune?

IMO, you would be best of getting a FMIC to deal with the huge heat the little turbo produces, then stage 2 if the power difference justifies.

I went from APR stage 1 to CC stage 2, I think the improvement in torque was as much due to the torque'y-ness of CC over the placid APR tune.

How's traction going? Might be worth making sure you can get the extra power down.

215hp is good, is that ATW or Fly? from Logging, I'd expect to hit around that ATW, but I'm running coilovers, uprated sways and semi slicks. Still not hard to loose traction in 1st, 2nd and up are generally fine.
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

Anyone used Revo as an power upgrade option ? Got a few things planned for mine. ;)
sam_vw
Bronze Member

Post by sam_vw »

Daz_18T wrote:Anyone used Revo as an power upgrade option ? Got a few things planned for mine. ;)
yes i am currently running stage 2 revo software, all the required upgrades are done apart from intercooler, hopefully soon ill have this though. was always skeptical about a plug and play remap essentially but have had no problems with it. might go custom code though when i hybrid my turbo
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

Thanks for that info Sam, I am considering going straight to stage 2, will be making some inquiries tomorrow. New to all this vw stuff, but I like it. ;)
Phile6802
Getting There!

Post by Phile6802 »

Mines not bad on grip at the moment it was 214bhp ATW last print out with the mods I have I am thinking front mount jabbasport cone in the box pd intake and take it too r tech for a custom map hope 240+. but won't be for a few months yet need some service items I.e new tyres some new bushes (bottom arms) and a couple of other little bits and bobs + a holiday next month but hopefully by the years out I will be stage 2 :)
sam_vw
Bronze Member

Post by sam_vw »

214 ATW and it's not stage 2?
Crippin
Bronze Member

Post by Crippin »

Never been 214 at the wheels if it just a stage1.
Phile6802
Getting There!

Post by Phile6802 »

Possibly at the flywheel then the guy told me that I bought it of it was at the wheels :/ I'm takeing it too get it rolling roads myself soon any way to see what it's actually getting for sure
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

Where you from Phil ? :wink:
sam_vw
Bronze Member

Post by sam_vw »

Yea probs at the fly mate, 214ATW would be impressive for stage 2. Keep us updated sure :)
Phile6802
Getting There!

Post by Phile6802 »

I'm from Carlisle just on the border from Scotland and yeah will do just waiting on a n75 valve then will be going too see what it's putting out properly :)