Fittings for gas bonnet struts?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Fittings for gas bonnet struts?

Post by Yeahhluke »

There's a few gas bonnet struts on eBay and its a mod I really want to do, has anyone fitted them if so what fixings did you use? As the ones I've found doesn't say they come with any fixings? Any advice is much appreciated
andyc315
Bronze Member

Re: Re: Fittings for gas bonnet struts?

Post by andyc315 »

Yeahhluke wrote:There's a few gas bonnet struts on eBay and its a mod I really want to do, has anyone fitted them if so what fixings did you use? As the ones I've found doesn't say they come with any fixings? Any advice is much appreciated
You can buy the 9n bonnet lifter fixings from vw for around £10 a side.
Don't know if they will be any use for aftermarket ones though

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Re: Fittings for gas bonnet struts?

Post by blazeguarder »

I always thought that there was nowhere on the 9N3 bonnet to even mount any fixings for gas struts. Found a guide somewhere where the bloke had basically welded in a mounting point to fit the strut to...
andyc315
Bronze Member

Post by andyc315 »

blazeguarder wrote:I always thought that there was nowhere on the 9N3 bonnet to even mount any fixings for gas struts. Found a guide somewhere where the bloke had basically welded in a mounting point to fit the strut to...
you have to buy the plate the fixings mount onto, but the plate needs to be welded onto the inner wing
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

think im going to give it ago, cant be that hard to do as i know a welder and people have done it, and its not like the kits are expensive