My Polo GTI :)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Re: My Polo GTI :)

Post by Lloydiexx »

slarner wrote:Well we have updates!! Brilliant do you want some leather heated seats yet???
Haha your funny! lol :)
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Back to the the Garage Grr!!

Post by Lloydiexx »

So havent posted for a while to be honest I havent had much interest in the car at the moment, noticed oil leaking onto the drive my dad had a look underneath today and the Geabox is leaking again!! Not happy! not even been refurbished a year and its leaking :x
Also the ABS sensor is back on again well acutally it never seems to be off!! think its the wiring as have replaced the sensors also the Engine management light is on as well but I think this is just a Lamba sensor
and the Handbrake light is also flashing at me as well, so when the petrol light and my full beam is on its nearly like a Christmas Tree haha! if I dont laugh ill cry :(
On a better note my new wheels came about a month ago I should be getting the tyre for them soon and will be getting them on the car.
My service light came on today so will be getting that done soon. I did take a pic of the car at my work the other day after I spent a while cleaning it.

I also went to Mc Donalds in Fraddon Near newquay pulled up and there was this there :) need a good clean though lol!
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Us girls aren't having much luck lately!!

Hopefully you'll get sorted soon with everything. Pics look awesome though!
slarner
Bronze Member

Re: Back to the the Garage Grr!!

Post by slarner »

Lloydiexx wrote:So havent posted for a while to be honest I havent had much interest in the car at the moment, noticed oil leaking onto the drive my dad had a look underneath today and the Geabox is leaking again!! Not happy! not even been refurbished a year and its leaking :x
Also the ABS sensor is back on again well acutally it never seems to be off!! think its the wiring as have replaced the sensors also the Engine management light is on as well but I think this is just a Lamba sensor
and the Handbrake light is also flashing at me as well, so when the petrol light and my full beam is on its nearly like a Christmas Tree haha! if I dont laugh ill cry :(
On a better note my new wheels came about a month ago I should be getting the tyre for them soon and will be getting them on the car.
My service light came on today so will be getting that done soon. I did take a pic of the car at my work the other day after I spent a while cleaning it.

I also went to Mc Donalds in Fraddon Near newquay pulled up and there was this there :) need a good clean though lol!
Could be worse!! GTI's are a really s**t car but you seam to love them and put up with the s**t of them!! lol Looks good nice and clean though :)
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Nice and Shiny :) New Pics

Post by Lloydiexx »

So this afternoon it was really nice and dry apart from being a bit chilly so I decided to give the Polo a really good clean
Started off using Poorboys bug and tar squasher, then used Muc Off apple shine shampoo, then gave it a good once over with Poorboys swirl remover then used Autoglym super resin polish, then finished off by giving the wheels a clean. ( Cannot wait to get my new ones on ) didnt get chance to wax or seal the Polo but im really happy with how shiny it was, I think if i hadn`t been so kind and washed my brothers car too i would have had time didnt get any thanks either (last time I do that haha)
I then drove to take some phots of the Polo Enjoy! :D

So this afternoon it was really nice and dry apart frombeing a bit chilly so I decided to give the Polo a really good clean
Started off using Poorboys bug and tar squasher, then used Muc Off apple shine shampoo, then gave it a good once over with Poorboys swirl remover then used Autoglym super resin polish, then finished off by giving the wheels a clean. ( Cannot wait to get my new ones on ) didnt get chance to wax or seal the Polo but im really happy with how shiny it was, I think if i hadn`t been so kind and washed my brothers car too i would have had time didnt get any thanks either (last time I do that haha)
I then drove to take some phots of the Polo Enjoy! :D

Also the Polo is going back to the garage tomorrow to have the leak in the gearbox fixed so then its just finding out why the ABS lights are still on and changing the Lamba sensor :) oh and fitting my new wheels! :D
stefanhenchoz
Getting There!

Post by stefanhenchoz »

have you had her scanned with vagcom lloyd?
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

stefanhenchoz wrote:have you had her scanned with vagcom lloyd?
yea I have the Vag Com programme myself it comes up with front sensors they have been replaced and are new.
stefanhenchoz
Getting There!

Post by stefanhenchoz »

mm that is strange. for both to be out makes it even harder to diagnose. nice car by the way. what wheels you getting?
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

stefanhenchoz wrote:mm that is strange. for both to be out makes it even harder to diagnose. nice car by the way. what wheels you getting?
I think its got to be the wiring or connectors. Thanks :)
I have bought some Seat Ibiza Cupra wheels just need to fit tyres on them hopefully will fit them soon :)
6n2stan
Silver Member
Drives: 6N2 GTI, Golf GTD + R32, T5.1 BiTDI DSG

Post by 6n2stan »

Check the wiring to the front Lambda sensor. Just behind the plug on the car side (fitted to a bracket on the front of the gearbox BTW). We've all had this snag! lol :roll:
slarner
Bronze Member

Post by slarner »

I bet its the wiring loom to the sensors.

looks good though!! :) you need to get them wheels on!
Samuel434
Getting There!

Post by Samuel434 »

Feel like washing my car? You'll get thanks :)
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

its been ages!

Post by Lloydiexx »

Wow! didnt realise I hadnt posted on here for such a long time! :shock:
So as i said before about not having much interest in the car at the moment she has now ran out of MOT back in June and now stands on the drive like this lol!

Also just before the MOT ran out the flipping splitter fell off stupid thing!

Although it is now off the road for the moment I am working every hour under the sun to have some money spare, to get the things that need doing to it before Edition 38 cannot wait!! :D

I also went down to the last Run to the sun with Slaner who is on here with his red Polo Gti had an awsome time
Well I will back on here with some updates hopefully soon :D
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Nice to meet you at Edition! Had a class time haha.

Hope you get things sorted! X
slarner
Bronze Member

Post by slarner »

Moosegirl wrote:Nice to meet you at Edition! Had a class time haha.

Hope you get things sorted! X
Also good to meet you mandy! Sorry about the row we was making in the camp site in the early hours of the morning lol!

Also im glad you kept it and got it fixed :) i thought you was actually going to scrap it!! have you got a new splitter?